help needed!!

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

I've heard of Frizzel. Never got a quote from them though but at one point, when I had just learnt to drive and got my license, I was told they were pretty good for young drivers.

£800 for insurance on a 1.4 (I'm guessing 8v, as the 16v engine is IG10!) is really good IMO. When I insured my first car, a 998cc Mini, on a provisional license when I was 17, it cost me £1200! I didn't get any money back for passing my test 2 months later, the sods :lol:

As for alternatives, you could try an Ibiza - same floorpan, same engines too IIRC, and its still VAG group (so VW reliability) but cheaper. £1300 should find you a decent 1.4 Polo though, have a scout about in the local rag, auto trader, in the For Sale section here at UK-P and so on, and you should find something you like.

Happy hunting! :D
polo69
Bronze Member

Post by polo69 »

mk4ads wrote:When I was 18 my insurance was a little under £900 fully comp with liverpool victoria, that was on a pug 306 1.6 then I got my polo and i was 19 it was £700 fully comp, this year 20 with all mods declared, £6.5k agreed value, track cover etc etc etc its a little under £500 fully comp with HIC, not bad huh? :D
I do believe that is quite amazing for a 1.6 :lol:

damn my 1.0 :oops: