New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
afk
New
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by afk »

I managed to track down a physical/stock car that was already ordered by one of the dealerships which matched my specifications almost exactly and I put down a deposit. that meant that I wouldn't need to wait too long as the build week was already confirmed. It's apparently already been built (according to the tracker) but has been in "transit" since 8th March which seems to be fairly long...

The car was actually supposed to be one of their showroom cars...whoops! hehe
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

one other thing.

can the stupid noise pumped into the speakers be disabled when in sport mode?
skipster
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 GTI

Post by skipster »

Dink wrote:one other thing.

can the stupid noise pumped into the speakers be disabled when in sport mode?
You mean the sound actuator? No - there is no control over the actuator, some people have been known to set-up their own switches to disable or disconnect it completely from within the engine bay.
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

ahh i thought it was some sort of fake noise pumped into the stereo.

i'll have to wait and see when it turns up lol
Nobziller
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Nobziller »

I ordered my new GTi last Monday. Was told beginning of may!
The spec is:
3dr manual
Silk blue
Sports chassis thing
Electric folding mirrors
Cruise and park pack
Winter pack!
JohnPolo
Silver Member

Post by JohnPolo »

Nobziller wrote:I ordered my new GTi last Monday. Was told beginning of may!
The spec is:
3dr manual
Silk blue
Sports chassis thing
Electric folding mirrors
Cruise and park pack
Winter pack!
Lol! 'sports chassis thing' Think that's how VW worded it too. :D
Congrats on your order!
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

i don't think the sports pack option could be not selected for the price really.

just a shame the charged for every option of paint colour other than red.
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

Dink wrote:i don't think the sports pack option could be not selected for the price really.

just a shame the charged for every option of paint colour other than red.
You can blame Volkswagen UK for that. German market gets the option of red, white and black for free, whereas we get hit with the £260 charge for the latter two.
Nobziller
New

Post by Nobziller »

lol I couldnt remember the official name. It is a bit cheeky with the colour. I wanted something different so blue was the one for me! And yer you're right for the price the chassis had to be had
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Post by Shark00n »

Hey everyone!

After 7 years of owning and driving a good (but ultimately boring) Fiat Grande Punto 1.3MJ I just ordered a brand new Polo GTI!
I test drove the 208 GTi, 500 Abarth, Mini Cooper and Cooper S, Citroen DS3 1.6THP and Swift Sport, couldn't get a chance to drive the Fiesta ST though.
I was very undecided between the Polo and GTI. In the end the superior build quality, throatier engine note, subtle looks and the 0% finance available for the Polo made it my choice. But it will be fun to see how it compared to the others.

2015 3dr model with manual gearbox
-metallic black
-driving pack (cruise control + parking sensors)
-full LED headlights

And that's it!
I didn't order the cheap but optional sport package because of two things:
-The ride in 'Sport mode' is too harsh, only really suited to trackdays or very smooth roads.
-I don't fancy sports buttons. I like a car that's good everytime I drive in, not just when I press a few buttons. Plus the stock suspension is a fine compromise between the 'sport' setting and the 'comfort' one with the package.

It will take about 2 months two arrive, I can't wait. :mrgreen:
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

Hello, did u find a GTi to test drive, where u get 0% finance from
JohnPolo
Silver Member

Post by JohnPolo »

Are there any Polo GTI 2015 models available in the UK to test drive yet ?
Shark00n
Bronze Member

Re:

Post by Shark00n »

Andy4791 wrote:Hello, did u find a GTi to test drive, where u get 0% finance from
I'm in Portugal by the way!
I booked the test-drive in late january, and was able to drive it about 10 or 15 days ago. The car was brand spanking new, had about 90km on the odometer.
The 0% finance is part of a promo available in my country for the month of february. It's available for the Polo and Golf.

I was so close to buying the Peugeot, but after financing it would be a bit more expensive than the Polo so I went for the little german instead.
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

Cool, so the gti good fun then? I had to test a blue Gt to get a feel for one as no gti's about yet
Shark00n
Bronze Member

Re:

Post by Shark00n »

Andy4791 wrote:Cool, so the gti good fun then? I had to test a blue Gt to get a feel for one as no gti's about yet
Very good fun! The engine is best in class without a doubt. The 2 liter on the Cooper S gets close, specially with the auto rev-matching s**t and exhaust barks, but the 1.8TSI is available all the time and makes up for it.
The 1.6 in the Peugeot is also something to behold. Amazingly smooth and good on mileage, not so throaty or eager though.

I actually was more interested in the BlueGT, but Portugal doesn't have a big petrol engine market, everyone is crazy for diesels even if they do less than 10.000km/year so test-driving a gasoline model is always hard. Some brands only have the ultimate model available for test-driving, like GTIs, Abarths, etc...
Unfortunately, after driving the GTI I couldn't look at the BlueGT the same way :mrgreen:

Here's some pictures this thread needs, this is a completely naked Polo GTI 3dr (no options, no LED headlights and basic white paint)