Are You Using Oil?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Edi30
Gold Member

Re: Using Oil!

Post by Edi30 »

AJ_7 wrote:Had to stick about half a litre in my 1.2 TSI today, only done just shy of 2000 miles :roll: Is it the TSI engines which go through oil for fun?
Yes particularly the GTI :lol:
big_amir
Getting There!

Post by big_amir »

My cars just asked me to check the oil again its currently on 7700 miles. this is litre no 5. :!:
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

big_amir wrote:My cars just asked me to check the oil again its currently on 7700 miles. this is litre no 5. :!:
Similar distance between top ups to mine. Looks like it's going to be a regular purchase through the life of the car.
Grey_Polo
Bronze Member

Post by Grey_Polo »

AJ_7 wrote:Had to stick about half a litre in my 1.2 TSI today, only done just shy of 2000 miles :roll: Is it the TSI engines which go through oil for fun?
Looks very much that way. My 1.4 16v petrol is now up to 23,500km (14,600 miles) and has not used a drop. First service will be at 30,000kms...
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

im ok now 1.8t uses no oil :-)
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

where on the dipstick do you consider full or need topping up ive read a few things about overfilling an to me the dipstick to me doesn't really give a clear sign where it should be :oops:
Arun
New

Post by Arun »

My GTI took 1 litre of oil at 3500 miles. Then at 5500 the oil light came on. Took it back to the dealer who performed a controlled oil check, apparently a manufacturing fault with pistons so they are now getting replaced.
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Arun wrote:My GTI took 1 litre of oil at 3500 miles. Then at 5500 the oil light came on. Took it back to the dealer who performed a controlled oil check, apparently a manufacturing fault with pistons so they are now getting replaced.
Mine is on a controlled oil check and I will be taking mine to the dealer on Mon or Tues this week. Please give me a bit more info on the piston fault as I am very interested to know what your dealer has stated? Thanks in advance?
Arun
New

Post by Arun »

Edi30 wrote: Mine is on a controlled oil check and I will be taking mine to the dealer on Mon or Tues this week. Please give me a bit more info on the piston fault as I am very interested to know what your dealer has stated? Thanks in advance?
The dealer said it was a fault with the piston scrapers, so its just them that are getting replaced not the pistons. Apparently there has already been a few in the country replaced.
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

whitegtipolo wrote:im ok now 1.8t uses no oil :-)
Same here dude (:touch wood:) :D 1.8T FTW..............
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Arun wrote:
Edi30 wrote: Mine is on a controlled oil check and I will be taking mine to the dealer on Mon or Tues this week. Please give me a bit more info on the piston fault as I am very interested to know what your dealer has stated? Thanks in advance?
The dealer said it was a fault with the piston scrapers, so its just them that are getting replaced not the pistons. Apparently there has already been a few in the country replaced.

Arun, thanks for the useful update. I am going in tomorrow so will see what they say?
big_amir
Getting There!

Post by big_amir »

I spoke to my VW garage today about arun's post. My cars booked in this Thursday to be checked out.
gavs
Silver Member

Using Oil!

Post by gavs »

Interested on the results guys, us Aussies waiting for the delivery of our cars are waiting with baited breath...
Arun
New

Post by Arun »

Edi30 wrote:
Arun, thanks for the useful update. I am going in tomorrow so will see what they say?
Any update? I have just been told that the parts won't be in till the end of June, been given a Golf TDI 105 till then :(
POLOGTI2011
Bronze Member

Post by POLOGTI2011 »

Been looking on here for ages and didnt set my account up correctly but now done it grr!

Right I am 18 and have a 2011 GTI Polo, I have had the oil problem and my local VW topped it up once then it drunk it again, when this was happening I felt like I was driving a diesel with black tips and crazy amounts of smoke! They done an oil test which it failed, now I have a brand new engine in a car with 4000miles and I can say that it's not drinking as much oil, but do I have black exhaust tips but no smoke!