g40 brakes on gt

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
captain_starlet
New

g40 brakes on gt

Post by captain_starlet »

so changing the brakes then on a gt... if i one day luckily came across a set of front brakes off a g40 would the bolt straight onto the gt?
Krupa
Gold Member

Post by Krupa »

Straight swap, but make sure you get all the bolts off the G40 brakes and you'll need new discs and pads.
mickb
New

Post by mickb »

which bolts do you need? I ve got the callipers and carriers, thought I could just use the Gt ones to bolt to the hub??

I am doing this on friday!!, oh and you'll need to bleed the brecks, if that not to obvius!!!
Gareth_GT_Hatch
Platinum Member

Post by Gareth_GT_Hatch »

its the caliper to carrier bolts that are different. (Hex key ones) The ones for vented discs are 10mm longer than ones for normal discs. You gen get new ones from gsf for not much money though.
robz
Gold Member

Post by robz »

I am doing this on friday!!, oh and you'll need to bleed the brecks, if that not to obvius!!!
ive had my G40 brakes 4 ma GT since the polo show (2months ago!) still nt got round to getting the new parts never mind fitting them..... :roll:
pettsy

Post by pettsy »

robz wrote:
ive had my G40 brakes 4 ma GT since the polo show (2months ago!) still nt got round to getting the new parts never mind fitting them..... :roll:
i've had my 256's in the garage for months, still in box i collected them in as i don't want to limit myself to 14's upwards :?
mickb
New

Post by mickb »

cool, I ve got them, I got the carriers with callipers pads and disc's, so I am only bolting them to the hub