rolling arches

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
tupac2makaveli71
Silver Member

rolling arches

Post by tupac2makaveli71 »

im sorry, i have been looking EVERYWHERE for info on rolling arches, i dont know how to and i dont truely know what it is, could some supremely knowledged person please make a tutorial explaing what it is and how to do it,it would be of great help to noobs everywhere lol, thanks alot
Mk2Adam
Platinum Member

Post by Mk2Adam »

you do it by going to a body shop.....they use a machine to basically bend the arch out but using a roller so it's all smooth.......or you can just bend it yourself but it'll look rubish :wink:
tupac2makaveli71
Silver Member

i thought that they just roll the lip on the inside...polo kris done it him self didnt he?
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

I wouldn't want to try it to be honest :?
tupac2makaveli71
Silver Member

i was told that you make 3 slits in the inside lip, and then literally roll the lip inwards, so that 1/2 inch lip that you have on the inside arch is not there, as that is where the rubbing happens, and the same for the front? wrong information or right
brianpologti
Bronze Member

Post by brianpologti »

to do it correctly you need the tool and slightly heat up the paint, carefully, very hard, can easly crack and then rust very fast and bubble under the paint , due to water getting trapped under it, you remove the wheel and the tool fits on to the hub and the guts of it look like a car jack backwards and a roller is fitted the other end, wind up the jack part as you move it forward and back on the hub, very hard to do, without messing it up, if thats any help, :D
Mk2Adam
Platinum Member

Post by Mk2Adam »

i believe this is the proper way to do it, as brian said...

http://www.85xr.com/Fender_Roll.htm
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

tupac2makaveli71
Silver Member

thanks alot for your help everyone, just in the process of reading the tutorials...POLOKRIS your input would greatly be appriciated as you have actually done it, lol
tupac2makaveli71
Silver Member

ok so its using a tool...and heat...but it says at the bottom of that page that other companys use angle grinders..so that must mean that there is a way to do it without buying special tools and there is some truth to the cut and tuck method i have been told to use right...also is there any way of getting thinner tires on a rim..eg, the rims i want to use are 195/50/r15, could u use like 195/40/r15 or /45/ tires?
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Best bet is 195/45/15