Car Trouble

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
D-Dub
Bronze Member

Car Trouble

Post by D-Dub »

Ive noticed the past few weeks that if ive got my foot just pressing the accelerator and im plodding along the car will often start jerking asif its loosing power, but pressing my foot down will eventually get it going smooth again. Its worse going uphill too. Quite frankly im puzzeled! :? Could it have a flat spot that a simple RR tune will sort out. Need some adive guys :)
cjwardy
Bronze Member

Post by cjwardy »

mine does this too! Maybe it's a common thing with the car?
loud
Gold Member

Post by loud »

check your HT leads, and if they are popping off make sure your spark plugs are tight
craggyh
New

Post by craggyh »

Mines the same. On start up it sometimes wants to cut out so I switch ignition off and restart. Its fine then. Got it on computer and a common fault is a sporadic camshaft impulse sensor. Signs of this are misfires, higher fuel consumption and starting problems. £32.00 from VW only.
hedgehogharvey
Bronze Member

Re: Car Trouble

Post by hedgehogharvey »

D-Dub wrote:Ive noticed the past few weeks that if ive got my foot just pressing the accelerator and im plodding along the car will often start jerking
mine does it too
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

Is it sort of like a thrusting motion? If I'm letting the car run in 1st or 2nd gear sometimes in traffic it can do it, like it's trying to hump something :lol:
Ry`
Getting There!

Post by Ry` »

craggyh wrote:Mines the same. On start up it sometimes wants to cut out so I switch ignition off and restart. Its fine then. Got it on computer and a common fault is a sporadic camshaft impulse sensor. Signs of this are misfires, higher fuel consumption and starting problems. £32.00 from VW only.
Mine does this!

Looks like a trip to VW.

Mine also jerks when its running between 1000RPM & 2000RPM in 2nd.
hedgehogharvey
Bronze Member

Post by hedgehogharvey »

Mouse_GTI wrote:Is it sort of like a thrusting motion? If I'm letting the car run in 1st or 2nd gear sometimes in traffic it can do it, like it's trying to hump something :lol:
Mines the same...

Yeah Baby Yeah!
neilw
Gold Member

Post by neilw »

Mine Does it at Low revs at Low speed. Its never bothered me. Dip the clutch for afew seconds and it normally sorts it.
D-Dub
Bronze Member

Post by D-Dub »

Glad to see it's not just mine then! It's weird though, it never used to do it. I'll check the leads, the spark plugs are fine - it's just had a service. Other than that i guess i'll just have to out up with it! :lol:
cjwardy
Bronze Member

Post by cjwardy »

yeah i think it's something we'll have to put up with.
But it can be really annoying when it looks like you're bunny hopping your car down the road...grrrr!
Dangerous Dave
Silver Member

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Mines used to do this aswell, it was down to the fly by wire throttle it was too sensitive at lower revs so when you backed off the throttle slightly it would make the car jerk which would inturn make your foot move slightly on the throttle which would start the whole process over again.

If you drive a newer drive by wire car the throttle its a lot less sensitive at lower RPMs to prevent this and higher up the revs it becomes more sensititive. I was told a couple of times you can change the sensitivity of the throttle with vagcom to sort this but I never found out how to do it.

I always found the best way was to take your foot completely off the throttle or dip the clutch for a split second.
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

Aye mine does this also, you just have to adapt to it really!
loud
Gold Member

Post by loud »

ah i didn't realise you meant at slow speeds, the lead problem only really happens at higher speeds.

mine used to do this thrusting crap and feel like it was going to stall occasionally, was really annoying. Problem was solved when i cleaned the throttle body
D-Dub
Bronze Member

Post by D-Dub »

loud wrote:Problem was solved when i cleaned the throttle body
Ah ok then, where is the throttle body, how do you get it off and how do you clean it? :D