some help needed

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Eve_16V
New

some help needed

Post by Eve_16V »

ive just got a mk4 polo 1.4 16V pics are in members rides

Im part of a modified car site and am looking to do some bits and pieces to it just some subtle mods, so ive got 3 weeks before a show and limited funds, anyone have any suggestions as to how i can change it. so far ive thought:

remove bump strips
debadge grill
remove back wiper
ive got eyebrows for the headlights in primer just need to be sprayed
someone suggested spray vw badge on the back black?
debadge back of the car

possibly gonna lower it depending on funds, ive had different advice on coilovers or springs, and the amount i can drop it, this is an everyday car by boyfriend has an MR2 so i need to be able to get into asda over the speedbumps to do the food shopping lol
ppuaar_polosport
Bronze Member

Re: some help needed

Post by ppuaar_polosport »

there is a thread for removing hte bumper strips and the badges. its done basicaly with a hairdryer and a credit card then use some T cut or tar remover to get rid of the tar under neath

x
Torq-Al
Gold Member

Post by Torq-Al »

Welcome to the forum, hope you find plenty of useful info! :D

Here's a link to the DIY guide to remove the rub strips: http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... 10&t=36056
Best advice is to be patient when removing them!

Oh, & same technique is used to remove the rear 'polo' & '16v' badging!

Nice addition to your motor would be a set of pressed plates, have a look at http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/ for some inspiration! :wink:
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

Welcome to the site. Same as above really and you do need to be patient or you'd be removing the paint too lol.

Its better getting coilovers, which are quite cheap these days. You can get a decent set for £200, which means you can adjust the height to your fancy. The moe expensive ones are a better ride though.