MK2 GTI bumpers on a MK3 Polo...

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
noelboy
New

MK2 GTI bumpers on a MK3 Polo...

Post by noelboy »

Hi,
Sum guy drove into the back off me and now i've gota get a new back bumper, so I've decided to do the front as well. I really like the look of the MK2 GTI bumpers but I don't know how easyly they fit.
Any advice?
Cheers.
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

if they wont then check the how to forum as ive just done a how to on repairing bumpers, otherwise if your looking for a change in style have a look at polo1600i`s website or create a post in the dubstyle forum
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

i was just pondering this and realised that almost always in this situation the person who hits the rear of the other car has to be at blame as it is assumed that they were too close or their vehicle was in an unroadworthy condition so his insurance should be paying and if you can get your car into a smallish gartage then they might be able to modify the mk gti bump to fit out of his pocket nd you just pay a little. i know its not very honest but he did hurt your car :evil:
noelboy
New

Im paying

Post by noelboy »

Hi m8

I did check the how to first but I don't want to repair my bumper.
I'm paying for the new bumpers because the guy who drove into me is arsing about and I dont want to wait 5 months for it to be sorted.
I just need to know if it envolves to much work to fit MK2 GTI bumpers (can I do it myself, I know a bit).
Thanks
hardhitter

Post by hardhitter »

The Mk 2 Golf big bumpers would take a fair amount of work to fit. The size and shape will be different, the mountings for it will be different too.

I dont know how it would look like on, but it could look out of place ?

Might be worth considering an RS rear bumper, they are available for the Mk 3 and fit straight on.