My 6n2 GTI with pictures (hopefully!) pics on page 2!

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
BBBaboonface
Bronze Member

My 6n2 GTI with pictures (hopefully!) pics on page 2!

Post by BBBaboonface »

Hey there folks, have to excuse my first post. Too many smilies, too much random stuff! Not sure if this will work, but i thought some pictures of my motor might be of interest. Nothing special, but slightly different wheels from the "usual" choices. I don't mean any offence in saying that, people choose certain wheels/brands for the undeniable fact that they look good on the car. In my case i was looking for something that, at a glance, had similarities with the original wheels, the mesh 4's did, with the added bonus of mirror cut lips and over an inch of deep dish. Oh yeah and the price of course! One more thing, all done on an antiquated phone so pretty shoddy quality, here goes, (links fail to work, probably!)

I know it looks like it's on stilts, but despite having a spare gearbox tucked away,i am paranoid that lowering will cause problems in that department. Oh yes, and i'm a bit skint! Hope the links work, thanks for looking if they do, advice and opinions welcome. cheers!
Last edited by BBBaboonface on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philipp86gti
New

Re: My 6n2 GTI with pictures (hopefully!)

Post by Philipp86gti »

heyhey,

the pictures work for me when opened in a new tab.

lowering the car in to a "moderate" height won't cause any trouble with the gearbox.

the biggest problem on lowered cars is the driving shaft (rather the joint) ,from time to time the oil pan and exhaust and sometimes problems with abrade ( plastic on little value but big problem if its too low are some misplaced electronic cables).

take care

philipp
BBBaboonface
Bronze Member

Post by BBBaboonface »

Okay, so that didn't work, gonna try again, maybe put the wrong code in, did say i was new to this! :oops: :roll:

Hope that works! there are two alternatives for code i can use, so fingers crossed. :roll:
BBBaboonface
Bronze Member

Post by BBBaboonface »

Hey there Philipp, Thanks once again! you are a fountain of knowledge! 8) Was thinking that 35 to 40mm would look ok, and not be too harsh on the ride comfort. I will have to get saving! do you like the wheels by the way? they look a little better than in the pictures. In the meantime, many thanks and best wishes, take care man!
slarner
Bronze Member

Post by slarner »

My gearbox is ok being low! But my drivers side drive shaft does "love tap" the chassis quite oftern!! just make sure you move the wiring loom from around the bottom of the sump as this goes to the alternator and aircon pump.
BBBaboonface
Bronze Member

Post by BBBaboonface »

Hey thats good news about your box, but probably wont go as low as you! ( uber cool look by the way! 8) ) cheers for the heartening news anyway. Hey ho, off to work we go! Gotta love the night shift! :roll: , Take it easy!
BBBaboonface
Bronze Member

Post by BBBaboonface »

Back from the grave(yard shift!) Just wondering if any of you fine folks could reccomend a brand of springs/shocks? I notice everyone has stayed tactfully silent about my rims, so i wont keep harping on at you for opinions in case i get hit were it hurts :lol: !
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

looks nice
BBBaboonface
Bronze Member

Post by BBBaboonface »

Woo hoo! :D Ta very much! :D
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Hi and welcome :D

Car looks good! Got to love black GTIs!

Also, for the pics try the other link you had the option of (direct URL). This should put the pics on full size for you 8)
BBBaboonface
Bronze Member

Post by BBBaboonface »

Thanks very much :D Mandy, i read your progress thread, an i thought you prefered your real name, hope thats ok! Cheers for the help on the pics, though my car aint a patch on yours! its got several dents and a nasty scuff on the nearside front corner, loads of full thickness scratches and a ton of chips. I figure if i keep it shiny enough, the overall effect carries it through, thanks poorboys! :D
Joycey
Bronze Member

Post by Joycey »

BBBaboonface wrote:Back from the grave(yard shift!) Just wondering if any of you fine folks could reccomend a brand of springs/shocks? I notice everyone has stayed tactfully silent about my rims, so i wont keep harping on at you for opinions in case i get hit were it hurts :lol: !
i quite like the wheels, i think it would look awesome if you dropped it a bit and put a little bit of stretch on your tyres, and as for springs/shocks there are a couple of budget brand coilovers that are pretty good quality for the price joms, or fk street, whatever you do don't by TA techniks because my polo is on them and they are s**t lol, and just avoid any dodgy brandless ebay rubbish lol
BBBaboonface
Bronze Member

Post by BBBaboonface »

Thanks for opinons and info joycey! star stuff! just buzz whenever anyone posts a reply, everyone has been positive and helpful too! :D Right now though got a massive problem, broke down twice! :shock: :( :evil: :cry: Damn right smilie OVERLOAD! think this calls for a fresh thread/post doodah thingy! Cheers again though joycey, all the best!
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

BBBaboonface wrote:Thanks very much :D Mandy, i read your progress thread, an i thought you prefered your real name, hope thats ok! Cheers for the help on the pics, though my car aint a patch on yours! its got several dents and a nasty scuff on the nearside front corner, loads of full thickness scratches and a ton of chips. I figure if i keep it shiny enough, the overall effect carries it through, thanks poorboys! :D
Haha. Yeah i prefer Mandy. Lol

Its got tons of potential. I bet you'll have it the way you want it soon :D

Poorboys is amazing stuff, wouldn't use anything else on mine now! The quick detailer spray is awesome 8)
BBBaboonface
Bronze Member

Post by BBBaboonface »

Its got tons of potential. I bet you'll have it the way you want it soon

Poorboys is amazing stuff, wouldn't use anything else on mine now! The quick detailer spray is awesome
Cheers Mandy, Just keeping the little so and so on the road is the main concern right now! In the future, maybe some minor lows, custom stainless and sport cat, and induction kit. As for looks, gonna cost enough just to get it back to standard! The detailer sounds interesting, im using finishkare #425 but i think it reacts with the sealant ive got. Someone reccomended Megs tech wax, an i didnt know any better! leaves odd greasy yellow streaks when (hand) buffing off, and seems to cause similar problems with the "FK" :x (Ooh abbreviations, im such a detailing pro :lol: ) Right now though, got major electrical issues, not even poorboys can fix this one :cry: ! sorry,cant not post an essay. Take care, and all the best!