Polo Blue GT

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Faye_Valentine
Getting There!

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by Faye_Valentine »

aniseedvan wrote:
Faye_Valentine wrote:It mentions it in the 1 May 2013 brochure that I have and she's confirmed that it is still the case, not sure when you ordered aniseedvan?
Given mine was a car just about in build in build 5 weeks ago when I effectively ordered it, I don't know when the dealer ordered it... I did query it at the point of order as the configurator wouldn't let you do one without the other but it would have been something else to argue over the price!
That's really bizarre because if the change came in for May then your car would have been ordered after then surely? Because it's the same wait time regardless? And even if it was ordered before May 1st, that's like 24 weeks ago from today's date so if it was in build 5 weeks ago that was more than a 19 week wait for the car - can that be right?
aniseedvan
Getting There!

Post by aniseedvan »

Faye_Valentine wrote:
That's really bizarre because if the change came in for May then your car would have been ordered after then surely? Because it's the same wait time regardless? And even if it was ordered before May 1st, that's like 24 weeks ago from today's date so if it was in build 5 weeks ago that was more than a 19 week wait for the car - can that be right?
Most likely not. It might explain why it was sat unallocated to a customer! It's not an issue and I did go into the sale knowing what I was getting for the money, it is rather strange though!
gtblue
New

Post by gtblue »

Has someone considered the Audi engine cover removing the audi badge?

Will it soundproof more running at 2 cyl.

Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

There is also a VW engine cover... Must be for the Golf 7.
As you can see here:

wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

will be interesting if anyone can get a part number for the VW via ETKA
joelburbidge
Bronze Member

Post by joelburbidge »

i've just had a look on partsbase and i can't find the cover for the a1 or the golf
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

joelburbidge wrote:i've just had a look on partsbase and i can't find the cover for the a1 or the golf
I can find the Audi cover in ETKA. But not the VW one... :(

BUT It looks like you also have to get a little mounting bracket and screw. Marked them on this picture. :)

P.S. UK-Polos really needs to get the page to autoscale pictures. ;)
gt_lock
New

Post by gt_lock »

If any of these covers fit and do make a difference to the noise levels coming from the change from 2 to 4 cylinder mode then i'd defo get them. I have to say as more time passes I am noticing the 'flutter' more esp when you are at that point of just going on from applying a light throttle and it more like rattles and clunks into 4, but then its smooth and turbo... until a you let up and bit, and then the process starts over. They say its not even audible in the golf cabin, but not been in one so don't know. Hopefully this will improve with future models, as I wonder over time if it will become even more audible. hmmmm, well in 3 years time will see how it goes. Yes re image display, would be good to see auto resizing regardless of what device you are viewing on, but hey, not grating me as much as the 'flutter' :) !
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

After searching the web a little... (When I say a little, I think Google feels violated by the amount of searches I have done... )

And I found this VW cover from the Jetta Mk 6 Hybrid.

The petrol engine in the Hybrid is of the EA211 family as the engine in the BlueGT is.

The part number is: 04E 103 925 (same as the Audi cover but without the B at the end)
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

good find i was looking and found the same picture, i'm assuming the bracket and screw part numbers are the same (3) and (6)

i'll see if i can get a price tomorrow from my parts dept and lead in times, likely to come from Germany

one would tidy things up
gtblue
New

Post by gtblue »

Audi cover seems better designed... It covers more engine.

I should think the way removing Audi badge, so everything still looks fine.
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

wigit wrote:good find i was looking and found the same picture, i'm assuming the bracket and screw part numbers are the same (3) and (6)

i'll see if i can get a price tomorrow from my parts dept and lead in times, likely to come from Germany

one would tidy things up
Bracket is 04E 103 932 (So the A is removed here. :) )

But the screw is the same... :D
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

All parts are coming up on dealer system so have placed an order for the cover, bracket and screw which comes in at £51.28 inc VAT

You can always tell when an Audi cover has been smoothed, filled and painted, I have a TTS cover on my Ed35 and you can sometimes see it

I'll post some pics when it arrives
joelburbidge
Bronze Member

Post by joelburbidge »

whats the lead time on the cover?
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

joelburbidge wrote:whats the lead time on the cover?
I just ordered today aswell... Hope to get it sometime next week.