Polo 6R - Useful Part Numbers

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
limparka
New
Drives: 6R 1.4

Re: Polo 6R - Useful Part Numbers

Post by limparka »

CNK wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:36 am
limparka wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:20 pm Hello Guys!

I would like to change my front fog lights on my Polo 6R 2009. The right one is damaged so I thinking about to change all of them to a new one. Is the Polo 6R GTI Fog lights fits into the stock bumper? I know that the front bumpers are not the same, but maybe the lights have the same dimensions. The lights what I found are the next: 6R0941061F and 6R0941062F. I only have manual fog lights so I only need the light with only 1 bulb.

Thank you for your help. :)

No, will not fit, the shape is different (Polo 6R - additional front lights)
Only fog lights for standard bumper of 6R are: 6R0941061C + 6R0941062C.
However, you may want to consider adding fog lights + DRLs (additional wiring harness will be required) ;-)
Thank you CNK! :) DRL would be great but I only have manual fog light with just 1pc H8 bulb. I read somewhere that if you do not have second bulb in you fog light you can activate static cornering lights. Is this what you're talking about? Or change the whole fog light to another one with DRL and do the wiring? Thank you! :)
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

The static cornering light and the fog light are the same lightbulb (unless you have bixenon). Whether you can activate it or not depends if the lights are connected directly to the light switch (via fuse box) or to the BCM. Only in the latter case, the lights can be operated as static cornering lights.
limparka
New
Drives: 6R 1.4

Post by limparka »

iichel wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:08 am The static cornering light and the fog light are the same lightbulb (unless you have bixenon). Whether you can activate it or not depends if the lights are connected directly to the light switch (via fuse box) or to the BCM. Only in the latter case, the lights can be operated as static cornering lights.
Hi iichel! Thank you for your reply. I think my fog light is manual so its conencting to the light switch directly. My BCM is 6R0937087B, so thats an old one too. I dont think its supporting the static cornering light. But what about that CNK wrote? Is it possible to adding fog lights + DRLs with additional wiring and changing the whole light to a DRL one?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

I do believe the 087 will support static cornering lights
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

it supports, i have 087 and cornering lights