Milltek Sports Cat or Decat?

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

Post by Polo96CL »

Hey guys,

Just bought a catback milltek system (non-res) but want to get the downpipe before I get it fitted. Originally I wanted the sports cat but everyone is telling me to go the de-cat route instead? On a realistic side, how loud would it be considering I've got the non res middle and is it going to start to annoy after the novelty wears off?

I'm running stage two revo software with Forge TIP, FMIC, 007p, throttle to cooler pipe along with 4 bar fuel reg. Performance wise, would there be much to gain by going decat or would sports cat be a sensible option? And what do I do regarding lambda probes? If I've got stage two revo wouldn't that map out any EML lights?

I've tried listening to a few YouTube videos but because the sound isn't great I can't really tell any difference!

Help me out guys :wink:

Daz
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Milltek Sports Cat or Decat?

Post by alexperkins »

I had the sports cat on the edition 30 and to be fair, that was fine

Decat isnt a great choice as its an MOT failure for a start, and its performance gains really arent that great for the hassle itll cause you.

It will be louder - alot more bangs and pops.
sam_vw
Bronze Member

Post by sam_vw »

I never had any issues with mine being a Decat come MOT time ^^^
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

You must have a friendly mot tester. Legally, it's not passable without a cat as the emissions won't be within limits.
X_S60TTY
New

Post by X_S60TTY »

I have a Decat downpipe only and it is really loud, I would say on a cold start up its a tad embarrassing especially on an early morning, but when its warmed it sounds better and I like the pops and bangs, so my neighbours will have to like it or lump it