EPC Light

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

EPC Light

Post by Polo96CL »

On way home last night and the EPC light popped up on dash and car started to play up. When you press the throttle the car pulls normally then completely drops off like you've taken your foot off the pedal and the revs drop, lift off and wait a second then it kicks back in.

My reader isn't good enough to diagnose, but everwhere I'm reading is pointing to crank sensor, but i'm sure these either work or they don't?

Any tips?
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

Re: EPC Light

Post by Polo96CL »

My code reader doesn't recognise any codes for some reason :?

Changed crank sensor and brake light switch, both no good!
rtuk
New

EPC Light

Post by rtuk »

EPC light also comes on with a dodgey MAF sensor worth a check?
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

Post by Polo96CL »

Haven't changed the mass air flow so not sure if it's that. Changed all 4 coils, crank sensor and brake light switch still no good. Anyone else got any ideas? Ran better with fresh coils but still having trouble :cry:
X_S60TTY
New

Post by X_S60TTY »

HI mate i had an issue where the engine management light was on and the traction control, it was the maf, all i did was nip down to halfrauds, buy some electrical contact cleaner for 4 quid, whip the maf off, spray the cleaner over and then let it dry, put it back on and after a short drive the lights go out and its been right as rain since
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

Post by Polo96CL »

Mass air flow changed and still getting issue, do you think the electronic throttle pedal could be at fault?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I think that you MUST now get a proper scan tool that is full VAG compliant, ie like VCDS as you have now changed far too many parts in error.
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

Post by Polo96CL »

While waiting for my mate to bring down his diagnostics machine I took a punt on a camshaft sensor, the fault has now gone and I've cleared the code off and it hasn't come back yet so fingers crossed!