VW Polo 1.9 TDI PD100 2007 standard looking for advice

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Eli_173
New

VW Polo 1.9 TDI PD100 2007 standard looking for advice

Post by Eli_173 »

I'm new to this thread and VW's in general this is my 3rd car! first car I had an awful 1litre corsa b.. second car had a 1.2 reno twingo GT and I decided to buy a 1.9TDI 2007 polo. It is in very good condition i will upload pictures soon! I would like to make it look like the GTI, just wondering if anyone has any advice on where to buy stuff and what stuff to buy. I was thinking about starting off with the Grill, there are few GTI grills on ebay and the price difference between the Genuine Grill and replica is huge? is there actually much difference between the two? I expect there is a lot of people out there trying to make the same sticky descions as me? As the GTI polo looks awesome and it only seems like a few little mods makes a huge difference in the appearance.

Looking for advice on performance and exterior mods, I just don't want to throw money away when guaranteed people have been there done this and found the best options!

Thankyou for reading this hope someone can help

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ben90
Silver Member
Drives: Olympian Blue Polo TDi Sport

Re: VW Polo 1.9 TDI PD100 2007 standard looking for advice

Post by Ben90 »

Welcome to the forum!

Tidy Polo you have there, mine started off in much the same way, even with the same alloys! Those would be VW San Marino's, a rare optional extra for the Polo.

The GTIs do look nice but the kit is usually hard to come by such as seats and spoilers etc, the wheels come up every now and then, you do see a lot of GTI lookalikes though, as with modding any car it's all about making it look how you want.

Have a look through my thread for a random assortment of bits and bobs I've done, there are loads more threads in the Member's ride's section too. Get some inspiration and prepare to have your wallet lightened :P
Eli_173
New

Post by Eli_173 »

Thankyou, yeah I've only had it for a day it seems sound! I'm looking to get some new alloys stuck on what to get though.. I'll be slowly doing modds on this car over the next few months should be good fun hopefully get a good out come I'll keep updating on this forum get peoples opinions!(:
Eddie9n
Bronze Member

Post by Eddie9n »

As Ben90 has said, don't bother making it look like a gti, at the end of the day if you wanted a gti, you should have bought one! However, make the car look nice in it's own way. Personally, I'd get some decent coilovers, some 17" wheels and remap it. You'll then have a sweet looking car with similar power to a gti but load more torque. Enjoy it, looks like a nice example :).
Ben90
Silver Member
Drives: Olympian Blue Polo TDi Sport

Post by Ben90 »

Hod out for a buyer for those wheels, they're rare as rocking horse poop.

Here's one Don't rush on getting them sold, I think he'll be looking for a while :P