6R Cruise Control Retrofit Problems

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Buci
New
Drives: 6R 2011

Re: 6R Cruise Control Retrofit Problems

Post by Buci »

iichel wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:45 pm I'd suggest 0,35mm2 where specified. Makes fitting the wires a lot easier into the connector
Ok. I will buy as specification. Your suggestion: pvc or silikon wires?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

doesnt matter, just use copper core
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Buci wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:38 pm Thanks again. I think I will try crimping myself if I can find wires in 0.5 mm2 on a domestic shops. (If I must crimp one for Ecu I will learn to be "expert")
I see in the diagram that there are some 0.35mm2 wires. Can I use for all terminals 0.5mm2. It is easier to find here in Croatia shops?
Don't worry, you don't need to be an expert to crimp a single terminal on a single wire on your own car. Being an expert is only for making wiring looms 'manually' and having 'others' install them in their vehicles.

Good luck with that! :)
Buci
New

Post by Buci »

The vcds arrived. BCM arrived. Soon. I will have cruise control soon. Pictures will be uploaded soon.
6R2T3
New
Drives: 6R 1.6 TDI

Post by 6R2T3 »

Hi, hope I can get some quick advice :mrgreen:

2010 1.6 TDI (CAYB)
VIN 10th character A
BCM - 6R0 937 087 D (4 pins are present)

Front wiper OFF/4 levels/LOW/HIGH
Trip up/down buttons on end of right stalk and OK button
No buttons on the wheel
Cluster display with curved fuel level

No VCDS scan yet but I will be buying the tool.

Ideally I’d like to buy just the left stalk, is that possible? And would I need to buy the ring too? Part numbers if possible please.

Of course with those I would need the wiring, Kufatec seems like the best option?

If the stalk isn’t possible to purchase on its own, then I understand I can buy the full kit from Kufatec anyway.
6R2T3
New
Drives: 6R 1.6 TDI

Post by 6R2T3 »

Read the thread again... and again! :oops: I will purchase 6R0 953 521 C soon and the appropriate wiring kit from Kufatec.

Which ring will I use? Existing or new?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

All the options you are considering are possible.

You just have to keep in mind that until May 2012 (MY C) a ring + statks model was installed, and from May 2012 (MY D) another different ring + stalks model began to be installed.
The parts between the two are not entirely compatible.
ETKA :arrow: viewtopic.php?p=466570#p466570

If you wish, in your MY A you can install the complete set belonging to the MY D, E models.

On regular sales websites you can find everything, sometimes a complete set is cheaper than buying a single part.

If your ring is good, you can/should use it. You are not obliged to change the ring.

When you receive the VCDS, the first thing you have to do and save like gold is a full autoscan, 'Before changing or touching any part of your 6R.'
Buci
New

Post by Buci »

Hello Ciclo,

Gateway changed and coded with out error.
Levers with cruise control and trip control arrived with the slip ring included. I replaced the lever and the slip ring. After starting the car I have servo and esp error on the dashboard?! The wheel was hard to turn left and right.

I did not how to remove the erorr so removed the slip ring that was bought with the cruise control/trip computer levers.
I put the the ring back that was on the car before the new levers.

After that the servo error was gone (the wheel was easy to turn left right) but esp error stayed. Can you help how to remove that error? Should the ring be also changed with the levers? If so, I will put the ring back again but the servo error will be back with the esp error.

Regarding the wiring.
Wired for the trip computer added and connected in the rights pins.

Cruise control wires installed, all but one. The one that goes to the engine bay pin 69. Where should I make a holl in the interiur so that I can get it to the engine ECU?
I did not code the options with vcds for both cruise control and trip computer.
Now I need advice with esp ring. Thanks ciclo.
Buci
New

Post by Buci »

Buci wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:14 pm
Kratosmr wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:12 am Hi, It was manual from factory. After upgrading the BCM I added the Remote Key (Center Locking works perfectly with Remote Key, Boot Lock also).
Hello Kratosmr,

Can you help me with remote key retrofitt? What manual did you use or a link with instructions for it?

Buci
Hello,

Can you help? Thanks
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Buci wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:20 pm Hello Ciclo,

Gateway changed and coded with out error.
Levers with cruise control and trip control arrived with the slip ring included. I replaced the lever and the slip ring. After starting the car I have servo and esp error on the dashboard?! The wheel was hard to turn left and right.

I did not how to remove the erorr so removed the slip ring that was bought with the cruise control/trip computer levers.
I put the the ring back that was on the car before the new levers.

After that the servo error was gone (the wheel was easy to turn left right) but esp error stayed. Can you help how to remove that error? Should the ring be also changed with the levers? If so, I will put the ring back again but the servo error will be back with the esp error.

Regarding the wiring.
Wired for the trip computer added and connected in the rights pins.

Cruise control wires installed, all but one. The one that goes to the engine bay pin 69. Where should I make a holl in the interiur so that I can get it to the engine ECU?
I did not code the options with vcds for both cruise control and trip computer.
Now I need advice with esp ring. Thanks ciclo.
You have to do the basic setting of G85 sensor (slip ring) whenever a different sensor is installed.
The faults should go away once the basic setting is done.

You can do it with VCDS at Address 03.
You must enter security access at Address 03 before entering Basic Settings.
The SA is provided to you by the VCDS program (pop-up window), when requested by the dialog box.

Once the Basic Setting is finished, you must exit unit 03 for the changes to take effect.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Steering Angle Sensor (G85) Calibration.

You can do it this way (9N, 6R 2009-2014, etc):
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.ph ... Bosch_8.0)

Every time a different G85 sensor is calibrated, that is, if you do the basic setting on a new/used sensor and subsequently reinstall the original sensor for whatever reason, you must do the basic setting again on the original sensor.
The calibration/basic setting remains stored/memorized in the ABS unit.
Buci
New

Post by Buci »

ciclo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:35 am Steering Angle Sensor (G85) Calibration.

Every time a different G85 sensor is calibrated, that is, if you do the basic setting on a new/used sensor and subsequently reinstall the original sensor for whatever reason, you must do the basic setting again on the original sensor.
Thanks.
Now I see why original vcds is better. WHY? With my vcds clone I can not enter in the 03 module from the day I got it.
Also the auto scan says the same. Before the retrofitting I could not enter abs brakes module and 44 module also.
It says can note read data.
So basic settings option is out.

Advice: if I change back to original gateway will the esp error be corrected? Or the data is not stored on the original gateway like you said. I went back to to original slip ring so maybe original gateway would help?
Buci
New

Post by Buci »

ciclo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:35 am Steering Angle Sensor (G85) Calibration.

Thanks.
Now I see why original vcds is better. WHY? With my vcds clone I can not enter in the 03 module from the day I got it.
Also the auto scan says the same. Before the retrofitting I could not enter abs brakes module and 44 module also.
It says can note read data.
So basic settings option is out.

Advice: if I change back to original gateway will the esp error be corrected? Or the data is not stored on the original gateway like you said. I went back to to original slip ring so maybe original gateway would help?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

I don't think the fault detected is related to the 'new' BCM/GW (09/19 Addresses), I think it is 99% due to the Basic Setting of the G85 slip ring in the ABS unit (03 Address).
Maybe you are not doing it correctly, have you started the engine to do the Basic Setting?

For the 6R Europe 2009-2014, the G85 basic setting is done in Address 03: ABS Brakes and not in Address 44: Steering Assist.

You would have saved a lot of time (which is more valuable than money), problems, and money, if you had followed my advice and already had the Original diagnostic tool.🤷‍♂️
Buci
New

Post by Buci »

ciclo wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:45 am I don't think the fault detected is related to the 'new' BCM/GW (09/19 Addresses), I think it is 99% due to the Basic Setting of the G85 slip ring in the ABS unit (03 Address).
Maybe you are not doing it correctly, have you started the engine to do the Basic Setting?

For the 6R Europe 2009-2014, the G85 basic setting is done in Address 03: ABS Brakes and not in Address 44: Steering Assist.

You would have saved a lot of time (which is more valuable than money), problems, and money, if you had followed my advice and already had the Original diagnostic tool.🤷‍♂️
No no..the error is not related to the new used gateway because after the retrofiting it the error was not there. I know...I am doing this retrofit once and never again so I thought the cloned one is ok for me. But as we see it is "cloned" one ahh...regarding the module 44 I know but I am just saying that the cloned version does not read that 03 and 44 module from the day one.