BlueGT vs R line

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Bleachy
New
Drives: Not yet

BlueGT vs R line

Post by Bleachy »

Hi guys totally new to this forum, and also VW

Iv recently set my sights on a polo and after hours of online research iv managed to narrow down my decision to the blue GT or the new r line 1.2.

Today I drove the 1.2 tsi which was in a polo SE. I liked how smooth the engine was and how quiet it was however it did seem to lack a bit of grunt that I was hoping for. That said the styling looks spot on inside and out. However it's left me with a few questions.
- The seats look quite sporty, will they be similar to the blue GT?
- Does the car come with Xeon or led lights?

Moving on to the blue GT I didn't get a chance to drive it today. I did however get a chance to sit in one and was really impressed with the seats apart from the colour of them.
- If I went for the alacantara option would the seats be the same but in a different material
- does the blue GT have running lights or LED Xeons or is that an option?

Thanks if anyone can help!
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Re: BlueGT vs R line

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

The seats in the R-Line and the BlueGT should (by my knowledge) be the same. They are the "small" sport seats. And yes it is the same basic seat in a different material if you go for the Leatherette/Alcantare ones. :)

The BlueGT is the only Polo that still comes with the Bi-Xenon with LED Daytime Running Lights as an option.
Other models of the Polo can be optionally be fitted with all LED headlights but not Bi-Xenon.
JayW
Silver Member

Post by JayW »

Was it a new shape polo 6c you tested with the 1.2 tsi?

Don't know why but VW have limited the new range of 1.2 tsi engines to only 90ps where as the 6r variants came with a 105ps. Might have something to do with the new 1.0 tsi engine but a little weird how they didn't just increase the hp of the 1.2 tsi.
saty
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6r 1.6tdi

Post by saty »

I'd take a blue gt without thinking twice, ~150bhp compared to ~100bhp of the 1.2 tsi
And imo I prefer the way the blue gt looks
The only thing that would make me consider the 1.2 is if the difference in insurance was huge
tomtoon2015
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 blueGT

Post by tomtoon2015 »

JayW wrote:Was it a new shape polo 6c you tested with the 1.2 tsi?

Don't know why but VW have limited the new range of 1.2 tsi engines to only 90ps where as the 6r variants came with a 105ps. Might have something to do with the new 1.0 tsi engine but a little weird how they didn't just increase the hp of the 1.2 tsi.
The 1.2 110HP still exists as far as I know
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

tomtoon2015 wrote:
JayW wrote:Was it a new shape polo 6c you tested with the 1.2 tsi?

The 1.2 110HP still exists as far as I know
The 1.2TSI 110PS will only currently exist in SEL trim level, and only unsold stocked SEL cars will have it, but consider this, how many SEL trim cars will VW have sent out for dealers to stock? - most if not all SEL trim cars will have been customer factory orders and orders for the 1.2TSI 110PS engine closed about a month ago, after that time, only 1.0TSI 110PS engines will be available - again only in SEL trim, though for the time being 1.2TSI 90PS engines are being supplied.
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

I wouldn't be surprised if the 1.2 TSI 90 disappeared too, in favour of the 95PS version of the 1.0 TSI that's used in the Bluemotion.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

The R-line is a very nice car. Saw one this weekend. It's comfy and nippy, but not a candle to the BlueGT which is much faster. Having said that, the R-line is better specced as standard.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

When we were in a VW dealer to order in a new Polo 1.2TSI 110PS about two months ago, I asked what was in the pipeline as the salesman said that he had just received the latest spec etc changes and said that the "R Line" Polo spec was going to be brought back in, but this time it was more a performance spec than the previous "R Series" spec, to be honest I did not see anything that would have made us change our plans from the SEL spec, which was a pity as it sounded like the "R Line" was more a driver's car than the previous "R Series", I think that the dealer thought that as I had fixed our spec and was forcing a good price out of them, the "R Line" in standard form at my fixed price would have given them a better profit margin, they failed there. Anyone looking for good performance should head straight for the 1.4 BlueGT over the 1.2, in our case, I have an S4 for faster/longer journeys and probably was a bit worried about the active cylinder stuff over a long period of ownership.