Front Bumper Removal

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
daveb73
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6R 5 Door

Front Bumper Removal

Post by daveb73 »

Can anyone point me to a quick guide on how to remove the front bumper on my 2012 6R GTI, is it a fairly straightforward job?

Ta :)
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Re: Front Bumper Removal

Post by peter_dk25 »

daveb73
Getting There!

Post by daveb73 »

Thanks, that's great.

Has anyone actually attempted this on their own, the repair manual says it requires an extra mechanic' to aid removal, is it particularly tricky?
daveb73
Getting There!

Post by daveb73 »

Just reviving this thread with another question - I've seen a few pictures online of the 6R polo with the front bumper removed but the headlights still in place. I had my firat attempt at removing the bumper last night and it didn't appear to want to come off with the lights in situe. After refering to the manual it says the lights have to come out.

Can anyone confirm whether this is the case, is it possible to remove the bumper with the lights still on the car?

thanks
jobbercete
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 6R 1.2 TSI 90cv Sport

Post by jobbercete »

Removing the headlights it's a 10 min job, 2 screws per headlight (at the top).... :wink:
daveb73
Getting There!

Post by daveb73 »

jobbercete wrote:Removing the headlights it's a 10 min job, 2 screws per headlight (at the top).... :wink:
What about adjusting/realigning after refitting them though (mine are bi-xenon's)?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

not necessary als long als you keep the little placeholder (between the screws) attached and not loosen that
daveb73
Getting There!

Post by daveb73 »

iichel wrote:not necessary als long als you keep the little placeholder (between the screws) attached and not loosen that
Ah, I kind of already messed with that as I thought it was to align the headlights with the bumper (the gaps were uneven between the left and right headlights-to-bumper). So I'm guessing I've already missaligned them then?!
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

yes you did :|
saty
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6r 1.6tdi

Post by saty »

I would have thought headlight adjustment would be on the headlight itself, I don't see how the placeholder on the chassis would effect the alignment of headlights. Removing the headlight would have no effect on alignment, as long as the headlights are seated properly once they are put back in, the beam will be correct
daveb73
Getting There!

Post by daveb73 »

There are separate adjusters on the two mounting bolts, I'm wondering if these are to align the headlight unit with the bumper/wing?
saty
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6r 1.6tdi

Post by saty »

Those are to make sure the headlights are aligned with the bumper/bonnet, idealy the beam would have been aligned with the headlights sitting perfect