New GTi (6C) seating position

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Jordan6C
New
Drives: Polo GTI, Lotus Exige

New GTi (6C) seating position

Post by Jordan6C »

Hi all.

New to the forum. Been looking at the new Polo GTi for a while now and have come across one which I am keen to buy. I am yet to drive one, however am thinking of placing a holding deposit down as I am unable to view for another week, and figures on this car are good. My only concern is the seating position - how low does the driver seat go, and will it accommodate someone over 6ft with enough headroom? Not interested if it feels as if I am sitting too high up as such.

Thanks in advance.
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Re: New GTi (6C) seating position

Post by Penarth Blues »

Jordan6C wrote:Hi all.

New to the forum. Been looking at the new Polo GTi for a while now and have come across one which I am keen to buy. I am yet to drive one, however am thinking of placing a holding deposit down as I am unable to view for another week, and figures on this car are good. My only concern is the seating position - how low does the driver seat go, and will it accommodate someone over 6ft with enough headroom? Not interested if it feels as if I am sitting too high up as such.

Thanks in advance.
I'm 6'1" and 85 kg, and my GTi is fine in all directions for comfort but I don't have the sunroof. Never had a problem with fitting myself in the car.

Just completed 1000 miles touring in the car in 1 week with my better half, and I was grateful for having taken the cruise control option as it was useful to be able to rest my accelerator leg on the longer legs of the trip (e.g. 6 hours Cardiff to Ambleside).

Had the car since end May 2015 and it still brings a smile to the face when I want to play a little. Very easy to place on the road too.
duffman
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by duffman »

I'm approx 6ft 4 and headroom is perfectly fine. Seat does go down quite low, I'd say the biggest problem I have is room between my left knee and the wheel, would prefer the seat to go back a bit further but I can live with it.

I believe the seat/wheel position is the same as other Polos (unless someone corrects me?) so you could just try a different model Polo to see for yourself.
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

Think the GTI is limited by the fact it has the storage drawers beneath the front seats. That eats into how low it can go.

Ibiza Cupra doesn't have the storage bits, and that seat definitely seemed to go lower.