Alcantara seats option

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Scarum
New
Drives: Match 1.2 TSI with factory extras

Alcantara seats option

Post by Scarum »

Hi all

Can anyone who already have the Alcantara seats as an optional extra on the Polo kindly give some feedback?

What do they think of them? Are they hard wearing? Are the areas which are not made of suede-effect material made of leather?

Cheers
chrisfernandez
New
Drives: Vw Polo 6c Gti/Wrc

Re: Alcantara seats option

Post by chrisfernandez »

They are amazing. Came stock on my gti.
Love them. I feel they last longer due to the suede is where you sit. And the leather is around it.
Ive done 41k kms on my seats and they look new.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
MczZippy
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6C - Flash Red

Post by MczZippy »

i added them to my order as they give you heated seats (heated seats are £300+) option on their own. i saw a black GTI with alcantara at our dealer and they did lool really nice.
green_comet
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI

Post by green_comet »

Got them in mine and they're excellent! They look very nice, are hard wearing and have heaters. The parts that aren't Alcantara are leatherette not real leather. Note that these front seat have much less bolstering though compared to the tartan ones, so you will get thrown around if you're cornering hard. This is the biggest downside imo.

You also get leatherette center armrest and on the door cards instead of cloth (here in Aus anyway, not sure about over there).

Scarum
New
Drives: Match 1.2 TSI with factory extras

Post by Scarum »

Ok thanks for replies, they are positive and I've gone for these seats in my order. Just realised they're heated which is a bonus.

I'm ordering a Polo Match with loads of extras so will be improving the seat comfort with this option.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I really like Alcantara/Leather car seats, my last car, a 2000 VW Passat 4Motion had them as standard, my current car a 2011 Audi S4 has them as standard, so, when it came to ordering my wife a new Polo last year, I thought that I'd spec it up with them, then saw the price, then saw that there is no real leather - I switched that idea off right away! I don't think that you will find any car in the VW/SEAT range that charges so much for the Alcantara option, by the way I was always going for winter pack so that effectively knocked a bit off the premium being charged for these seats in that car - but not enough for me, which was a pity!
Trantor
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Trantor »

I've recently ordered a new GTI and, probably bucking the trend, I decided to opt for Jacara seats. May be just me but after having three test drives in a GTI, two with Alcantara seats and one with Jacara, I was noticeably less sweaty with the Jacara seats. Just to confirm, no, none had heated seats! Perhaps I have an unusually hot backside! I also noticed the interior was noticeably lighter/brighter inside with the Jacara seats. So, lighter inside and a cooler bum! Win-Win in my case :D