Patil's T-roc 2020 1.5Tsi evo+Dsg7 RHD

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Patil's T-roc 2020 1.5Tsi evo+Dsg7 RHD

Post by iichel »

Great job Patil, good to see all working, with the mysteries VW is bringing lol. Well done, are you planning on using it a lot?

----

ABS 3Q0/5Q0 codings for byte 24 are as follows:

Does upgrading the PLA SW bring any advantages? I've seen flash files with K/L (SW 0073/0074) but I'm a bit wary to upgrade them since all is working well already.

I'm putting all my car documents, flash files, images, screen shots, parts lists etc in my Google Drive folder. That way I'm always backed up.
patil
Silver Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Post by patil »

Maarten wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:00 am Very, very nice upgrade/retrofit, clear explaning of the steps.
Only option missing on my car.
Still not sure on retrofitting :lol:

Good job!! 8) 8)
Thank you Maarten 😊

I will definitely recommend 💯 PLA retrofit, it's worth it. To tell you the truth, I find PLA to be more useful than Lane assist which I find it to be redundant for our driving conditions here. :P
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

ciclo wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:09 am
Thank you for sharing your work this way, it's more entertaining this way, at least for me.
🙏

---
(Yesterday I gained half a kilo of weight 💪, so I'm going to do some exercise, eat good foods (that is, unprocessed) and rest for a while, I don't want to lose my new strength.😊)
Great! I know how important it is to gain weight under such circumstances 👌
Keep going dear Master💎🤗

Thank you for your appreciation, I am trying to give a more human approach to retrofits/ solving problems🙏
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

iichel wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:29 pm Great job Patil, good to see all working, with the mysteries VW is bringing lol. Well done, are you planning on using it a lot?

----

ABS 3Q0/5Q0 codings for byte 24 are as follows...

Does upgrading the PLA SW bring any advantages? I've seen flash files with K/L (SW 0073/0074) but I'm a bit wary to upgrade them since all is working well already.

I'm putting all my car documents, flash files, images, screen shots, parts lists etc in my Google Drive folder. That way I'm always backed up.
Thank you dear iichel for being always there for me🙏 I really appreciate you posted those ABS byte details here👌

I haven't really tested thoroughly the auto park feature of PLA yet, I will do in due time and let you know👍 But I really liked 12K OPS... it's a poor man's 360 degree camera :mrgreen:
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Here are the clear day light closeup photos of comparison between making holes in bumper using punching tool vs drill bit. The difference is obvious, look at edges of holes.

Front: using drill bit 27.5mm

Rear: using 26.5mm punching tool

VW.. Very Weird 🤣
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

The difference is barely noticeable, in a few days you won't even remember it. The important thing is that the sensors work correctly.

Go to a VW dealer and if you look closely you will see that on new vehicles the finish for the PLA side sensors is not absolutely perfect in all the cases. In some cases and with a magnifying glass you can clearly see that the paint is not continuous right on the edges of the hole. :wink:

I have to say that I was lucky in this sense, the holes that I made in our polo (4 Front) and golf (4 side) with the 'original tools' turned out great.
Better than factory... even with a magnifying glass.😁
ag69
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2TSi 77Kw 7DSG

Post by ag69 »

Late to check and reply -- very good dr patil
VW.. Very Weird 🤣
:) Good one!!!
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

ag69 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:26 pm Late to check and reply -- very good dr patil
Thank you AG👍

By the way how is your red GT doing?
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

ciclo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:12 am The difference is barely noticeable, in a few days you won't even remember it. The important thing is that the sensors work correctly.
+1, agreed👍

I wanted to ask, how to post the wiring diagrams in original quality? I see you post wiring diagrams in excellent quality. When I use MS Paint to edit the wiring diagrams, the saved file comes out scaled down. Any tips will be helpful, Thank you :)
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

At the top of the PDF, click on "Menu"... in the drop down look for undo, redo and "more"... in the pop up menu look for "capture a snapshot", this will allow you to select with the mouse/pointer a page or part of it... right click on the selected area and select copy... it will be copied to the clipboard.
Now is when you open Paint to paste what you copied to the clipboard. Now you can save and rename the image with the "original quality".👌

The way PDFs are viewed has recently been updated (for the worse, as always), so there may be slight differences in the snapshot capture procedure.

Personal opinion on the format of these small programs: all updates whose format ends up taking the form of menus for Smartphone are a big s**t. (W11? :mrgreen:)
I must remember that the use of the Smartphone seriously damages the intellectual and cognitive abilities of human beings.
The greater the use of the Smartphone, the greater the slavery for humanity... the tyrants will steal your existence/life.👹
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

ciclo wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:42 pm At the top of the PDF, click on "Menu"... in the drop down look for undo, redo and "more"... in the pop up menu look for "capture a snapshot", this will allow you to select with the mouse/pointer a page or part of it... right click on the selected area and select copy... it will be copied to the clipboard.
Now is when you open Paint to paste what you copied to the clipboard. Now you can save and rename the image with the "original quality".👌
Thank you for tip. With this method, there is significant improvement in image quality.👍

ciclo wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:42 pm
Personal opinion on the format of these small programs: all updates whose format ends up taking the form of menus for Smartphone are a big s**t. (W11? :mrgreen:)
I must remember that the use of the Smartphone seriously damages the intellectual and cognitive abilities of human beings.
The greater the use of the Smartphone, the greater the slavery for humanity... the tyrants will steal your existence/life.👹
I concur with your opinion. Even Win11 as you pointed out, going smartphone way😅

Sadly.. in this new world of smartphones, slowly reality became virtual and virtual became real :|
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Update:

New Tyres:
Replaced factory Bridgestone Turanza tyres to Michelin Primacy 4. Stock tyres rubber had become hard and tyre noise was becoming unbearable. With new tyres, tyre noise is almost zero, roadgrip and braking has also improved substantially.👌

If one observes the last photo carefully, another very useful retrofit can seen, details of which I will write later.☺️
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Very good tires/tyres... and nice T-Roc.😍

hmm...

patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

ciclo wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:32 pm Very good tires/tyres... and nice T-Roc.😍

hmm...
You've got a sharp sight👍 Thank you 🙏
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

New MK8 capacitive touch steering wheel with ACC, heating & Assistant button ( without TA)
viewtopic.php?p=599784#p599784

I fought hard with myself to keep my insanity under check and not to buy such steering wheel, but then devil whispered in my ear.. "go for it, you live only once"😈

So here it is..

I am sure, I will end up having different types of steering wheels. I've already got the ACC buttons ( sweet gift from dear Master ciclo 🙏) for my stock steering wheel. Like people have winter wheels, summer wheels, all weather wheels.. I will have similarly steering wheels for each season😂

I am planning for activation of both CCS ans ACC together, I am not sure if it's possible. What I know is that the SWAP for gateway to activate CCS is pretty expensive. ACC activation only, would be much cheaper.

I hope within the realm, such retrofit would be possible.