Patil's T-roc 2020 1.5Tsi evo+Dsg7 RHD

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Re: Patil's T-roc 2020 1.5Tsi evo+Dsg7 RHD

Post by Maarten »

I had regular CC also activated in my polo.
Since I always use the ACC I removed the coding.

So it is possible if you have the ACC installed :)
Last edited by Maarten on Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

patil wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:54 am I am planning for activation of both CCS ans ACC together, I am not sure if it's possible.

Does it make sense to have the CCS and ACC functions available in the menu to select one or the other?
Yes. Activating CCS instead of ACC would be useful or very useful for a sporty/aggressive/Racing driving style (within legal traffic regulations 😋), moderate/high traffic density and a road where the traffic moves at a moderate or high speed. In this way, the predictive/anticipatory system is the driver himself and not the radar, that is, you don't have to fight with other drivers and your own radar at the same time. :lol:

In any other condition with only the ACC available it is enough and perfect.

---

I imagine that having both systems available at the same time will depend on the SW and HW of the installed units. I remember that when I coded the adaptations in my AID, only one of the two functions is possible along with the speed limiter.

I don't know the current capabilities of your units (ask Slavik).

---

The next steering wheel you buy must have a KLR unit, it can also be installed without faults in the scan, even if the steering wheel contact detection still does not work due to a future update of the A5 camera.

Note: with those capacitive buttons with the assistants button it is possible to have TA without TA button.
patil
Silver Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Post by patil »

Thank you dear Master and Maarten for your inputs.🙏

I was aware of the fact that the new steering which I have bought doesn't has TA buttons, KLR etc.. my primary intention was to have a feel of those capacitive touch buttons, new design steering wheel along with ACC/GRA support.

To be honest, I am hesitant to implement ADAS in my T-roc. I am sceptical about usefulness of these driver assistant systems in our driving conditions here. People here drive like maniac, absolutely no road discipline/ moral driving. To put it simply, our roads and people don't deserve ADAS, not yet.🤷‍♂️

Even though VW competitors here have started offering ADAS in their new launches, which our people have already started misusing and bragging about by making crazy videos and posting on YT, putting other people lives at risk. 🤦🏻‍♂️

VW being mindful of possible misuse, has not offered ADAS on any of their cars sold here, even in their top of the line Tiguan sold here doesn't has a single ADAS feature. My T-roc MY 2020 being only exception, came with A5 camera and front radar from factory, both were stripped later in MY 2021 T-roc, before discontinuing T-roc all together.

May be in future, I will implement TA, and other complex ADAS, when I am left with nothing else to retrofit. :mrgreen:

I am very eager to install new wheel and experience ACC. I will write☺️
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

One of the best evolutions/mods I made to the Golf was getting rid of the vague warnings about grabbing/taking the steering wheel and necessarily having to 'shake' it slightly.
Steering wheel contact detection/recognition (KLR) by touch is infinitely better and safer.

---
Speaking of evolution/involution, the Masters of the Universe have lost interest in human beings in a general way, no longer distribute normal or superior brains when a new human being is born. For some decades now, instead of brains only distribute smartphones for a totally stupid life. Exactly the same as the generations before and after my generation, so I suppose that some 'illuminated' one of these later generations will have the brilliant idea of throwing a couple of bombs again (record it and upload it to social networks to get profits... 😂) and becoming the new tyrants of humanity (no pain, no gain).
A new beginning...😁

I guess we haven't been good Masters my dear Doctor, we deserve such an aberration. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWP1i23nnTM&t=21s
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

ciclo wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:17 am
Speaking of evolution/involution, the Masters of the Universe have lost interest in human beings
I couldn't have agreed more.. We are witnessing pinnacle of human folly. 🙈
We humans never learn from history.. the wheel rotates but nothing changes. The way things are happening I would say.. humanity is heading towards "planned obsolescence". :x
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Log#20

Retrofit: Rear doors keyless entry/exit.

Parts:
Rear right kessy handle: 5GG837206B
Rear left kessy handle: 5GG837205B
Wiring kit along with above handles bought from AliExpress. https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPdNjLy

I must say, the paint quality of these handles is top notch👌 I hated to get them repainted to my car colour. I got them repainted along with PLA sensors and brackets from my dealer. viewtopic.php?p=598135#p598135

Not all KESSY modules have necessary pins to support rear door keyless entry!
Important: Many 5Q0* and some 3Q0* modules (for eg; 3Q0959435 B/D/F/K/M/P) are physically devoid of necessary pins for rear kessy handles.
The following modules have necessary pins to support rear door keyless handles 3Q0959435 A/C/E/G/J/L/N/Q.
Reference article with more interesting details from the legend iprot himself https://www.drive2.ru/l/626552853871198376/

My roc kessy module has the necessary pins!!👌and also the necessary pins to support Easy open/ Easy close electric boot via kick( virtual pedal)

Luckily this time, the wiring harnesses for each rear door handles were of just enough length to reach the kessy module, which is located behind the dashboard just below the steering wheel adjustment lever(RHD). Only shortcoming was the length of ground wires which was short, I had to extend them by half a meter.

Finalised wiring harness:

Installation:
Removing stock rear door handles.

Here is useful YT video demonstrating removal of T-roc door handle.
https://youtu.be/qG9tEod9CWo?si=9iVajeI94ba65Cn5

Installing new handle in reverse order.

Wiring diagrams: Courtesy of iichel

Wiring scheme from seller:

Installation pictures:
Simultaneously, I also did wiring for future ambient lights and rear door warning / exit lights.

Coding: I coded the installation of rear kessy handles using Odis-E.

The rear door kessy handles work perfectly like factory installed front handles👌
Now I have all 5 doors keyless entry with additional touchless boot entry( Easy open) ☺️
The rear door keyless entry is very convenient feature in itself, but also if there are little kids in family, who always run ahead of us to open the rear doors to sit inside first. 😁

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5pEJoOeWbwk

It is also possible to install illuminated kessy door handles from AliExpress ( for RHD) to add little bling. May be for future😉
Full kessy is a very very convenient feature to have. I can understand why, Slavik the maverick, went all out and successfully installed full kessy in his Golf👌😎https://www.drive2.ru/l/652159105292568963/
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Cool, I like it, maybe a little laborious. Thank you very much for all the info and details, maybe it will be useful to me in the distant future.

meow... meow... meow... In the name of love! feed that cat. :lol:

---
Now I am intellectually fighting with myself to install the right front wheel arch wiring for the DCC system 'in the best possible way'.
I bought the original harnesses for this part of the DCC wiring because they are perfectly insulated, but I'm afraid I'll have to make/rebuild them myself in a similar way but only for the shock absorb valves and the level sensor, because I don't want to cut the factory installed wiring for the wheel sensors/ABS unit, and for brake pad wear.
In the model year of my Golf there is a harness coming from the firewall panel that makes it extremely difficult for the wheel arch wiring to be completely extracted to later install the new original DCC harness and 'crimp' all the necessary terminals/contacts/connectors to later run it/connect it to the DCC unit. A nightmare... (the most difficult part of this installation)🙄
Maybe I will use the same method as Slavik, through the brake pipe hole, which is infinitely easier.😄

I have thought of 3 different ways to tackle this task but I am still undecided which one to do.
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

ciclo wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:20 pm
I have thought of 3 different ways to tackle this task but I am still undecided which one to do.
For this conondrum, I will leave you with an axiom.. :mrgreen:

"Decisions are more important than incisions "
Dr Robert Bruce Salter

I wish to see your DCC project fructified ✌️
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

I'll decide right when I'm on task, I'll have the three options ready... 😊👍

Installing the DCC system in the Golf has become a personal challenge (before I die...hahaha). The really difficult thing for me is finding the time and place/space to do it (you know), the rest of this mod is very easy for me.
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

#Log 14 (b)
Rear door warning/ exit lights.⚡⚡

Front door warning lights retrofitted previously (log#14)
viewtopic.php?p=596936#p596936

T-roc doesn't come fitted with rear door control modules. So unlike front door warning lights, rear door warning lights wiring is achieved by unconventional way.

Wiring diagrams:
The door contact switch(F10) signal wire (T8n/2) on left side is correct GND wire for left side warning lamp. But on the right side, door contact switch(F11) signal wire (T8o/2) wasn't the correct GND for right warning lamp ( lamp continued to glow even after closing the door). After little experimenting, I found T8o/5, the signal wire for rear right central locking lock unit(F223), does the trick.

Wiring scheme:

Installation pictures:

I initially thought the lamps with connectors connected will abutt with rear door pad lock trim, but they won't. There is just enough space for wiring to cross. So no modification required.👌

Result:
Front- custom LEDs, Rear- stock LEDs

Front & Rear - custom LEDs

Extremely satisfied with the overall outcome. 😍
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

«res ipsa loquitur»

A picture is worth a thousand words - but a YT film clip, a million! ...🚀🤗... 🤦‍♂️ :lol:
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Dear Master thank you. I need your suggestion.

I want to try highline RVC 5Q0980556B in my T-roc. But T-roc never came with highline rvc from factory, so logically dataset won't exist. I guess accurate calibration using Domino sheet VAS 6350 is crucial for near perfect results. I can try with different datasets eg; Passat B8, Golf7, Tiguan, Taos etc.. and try my luck.
I would like to try this camera.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrmWQbI
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

The RVC High is not essential if you have automatic/magic parking (12k).

As you know, the RVC High has the option of advanced parking assistance which also works wonderfully, but with automatic parking (12k) it is more comfortable to press the magic parking button instead of the advanced assistance of the RVC High.

Personally, most of the time I park as before, by instinct, with the help of the beeps and the image from the RVC or without any help at all, that is, I have a million parking assistance aids but I act primitively 🐒, it seems faster and more efficient to me...
The option to open the viewing angle in the RVC High is very interesting and effective, although the RVC Low also does it well enough.🤷‍♂️
I coded my RVC High so that the camera is activated if you move backwards even without engaging reverse gear, I like this on the ramps and seeing the scared face of the driver behind... 😄

I bought the RVC High already calibrated so I wouldn't have to do it and buy the necessary devices that I would never use again and would remain collecting dust on some shelf in the storage room.
I think calibrating the RVC High is easy with ODIS S and your current knowledge 👍, I think there is a video on YT in those strange languages 😁 and info on the net.

---
I apologize for my late response my dear Doctor, I already told you that I am 'improving' my defects...
By the way, my health is getting better and better.🙏
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Post by Maarten »

Hi Ciclo,
Do you know if that coding is also possible for the RVC of the Facelift AW?
Engage when rolling backwards
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Hi Maarten, I assume it is possible on all VW models with RVC 'High' KA2 and bi-directional speed sensors. I also assume that your POLO 2022 has these bidirectional sensors.

ODIS ... [LO]_equipment_backward_rolling detection: [VN]_installed

VCDS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 6C: Back-up Cam. (J772) Labels:| 5Q0-980-556.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 980 556 B HW: 5Q0 980 556 B
Component: RVC Compact H18 0231
Dataset Number: V03935246NT 0001
Coding: 01040201C600201F000060
Shop #: WSC 12345 123 12345
ASAM Dataset: EV_CamSysRVRVCPANAMQBAB 006009
ROD: EV_CamSysRVRVCPANAMQBAB_006_VW37.rod
VCID: 392FD09879DE79A2085-806C

No fault code found.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---
@Patil, btw, I have two RVC High parameterization files for ODIS, for Golf7 and Passat B8, which I don't remember where they come from 🤭, and according to my autoscan I have the Passat ones installed... they only differ somewhat in the initial syntax but in reality they are the same parameter chain/string (winmerge).😊