Wheel fit for Polo GTI AW 2020

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Lani
New
Drives: Polo GTI AW 2020

Wheel fit for Polo GTI AW 2020

Post by Lani »

Hello

I have a question about some wheels i am looking to buy for my polo.. So as original fit of Brescia wheels 18x7.5 et 51 100x5 i was looking to get OZ ULTRALEGGERA MATT BLACK 18X8 100x5 ET48. Does this fit the car ?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Wheel fit for Polo GTI AW 2020

Post by SRGTD »

They should fit without any issues - alloy wheel retailer Rimstyle confirm on their website (www.rimstyle.com) that 18 x 8J alloys with an offset of ET48 will fit the AW Polo GTI - see screenshot below.

If you use the calculator on www.willtheyfit.com and input details of your existing and new wheel/tyre set up, it will calculate any differences in poke and tuck of your proposed new wheel / tyre set up and your existing set up. Presumably you’ll be keeping the same size tyres (215/40 R18) as those fitted to your Brescia alloys?

IMG_0119.jpeg
IMG_0119.jpeg (1006.59 KiB) Viewed 3158 times
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Post by ad_182_uk »

Will fit perfect bud.

I have the oz formula grigio corsa in the same specs.

Fitment as per the below;

Lani
New

Post by Lani »

Oh wow i have the same polo color aswell :D they look very nice.. So you are saying they should easily fit without any spacers and stuff..
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member

Post by ad_182_uk »

Direct fit. They will come with different wheel bolts i believe.
Lani
New

Post by Lani »

I was also looking at Motec Ultralight - 7,5x18 - ET 40 - PCD 5x100 which have simillar design but is like 600€ cheaper where im from ,,, Was wondering if any1 knows if these are quality wheels
Flashredpolo
New
Drives: 2018 AW GTI

Post by Flashredpolo »

Hi, what do you guys think of these?

Really like the Porsche twist style.

Will they fit okay?

https://www.autostarwheels.com/auto-sta ... twist.html

I have a 2018 Polo GTI btw
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Flashredpolo wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:52 pm Hi, what do you guys think of these?

Really like the Porsche twist style.

Will they fit okay?

https://www.autostarwheels.com/auto-sta ... twist.html

I have a 2018 Polo GTI btw
No, they won’t fit.

The PCD (bolt pattern) of the Polo is 5x100 and the PCD of those Porsche twist style wheels is 5x112. Therefore, they won’t physically bolt onto your car as the bolt holes in the wheels won’t line up with the bolt holes in your car’s wheel hub assemblies.
Flashredpolo
New
Drives: 2018 AW GTI

Post by Flashredpolo »

Thanks for the reply.

They are available in a few sizes including 5x100
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Flashredpolo wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:45 pm Thanks for the reply.

They are available in a few sizes including 5x100
Apologies! I assumed you had 18” alloys on your GTI and those Twist design alloys in 18” appear to only be available with a 5x112 PCD. I see from pictures of your car in some of your earlier posts that you have the 17” Parker alloys.

The spec of the 17” version of those Twist alloys is 7.5J x 17” with an offset of ET35 and are available with a PCD of 5x100. I think the spec of your current alloys is 7.5J x 17” with an offset of ET51 - I can’t be certain as I have 18” alloys on my GTI+. I’d suggest you check the spec details of your alloys so you can be certain what the offset is, then input the details of your current wheel / tyre set up and the Twist alloys with the same size tyres as you currently have into the calculator on www.willtheyfit.com website. The calculator will work out all the important numbers for you and you’ll be able to assess whether or not you’ll have any clearance or tyre rubbing issues. If the Parker alloys do have an offset of ET51, then the Twist alloys+tyres will protrude outwards 16mm further than your current alloys+tyres.

Other factors to bear in mind;
  • Most (but not all) aftermarket alloys use wheel bolts with a tapered seat; VW OEM alloys use bolts with a radius / ball seat. It’s really important the correct bolt type is used to ensure the maximum contact patch between the wheel bolt seat and the mating surface in the bolt hole of the alloy wheel. If the incorrect bolt type is used, there’s a risk the bolts could work loose while the car is being driven!
  • With some designs of alloy wheel, there can be clearance issues between the brake calipers and the reverse side of wheel spokes, so check with the seller to ensure there wouldn’t be any such issues with the Twist alloys on an AW model Polo GTI.
  • The centre bore (CB) size of VW alloys for the Polo is 57.1. Most aftermarket alloys have a CB which is larger so you’d need to establish what the CB is for the twist alloys; If it’s larger then you’d need a set of spigot rings of the appropriate size to fit inside the centre bore of the wheels to reduce the size to 57.1. With most reputable retailers of aftermarket alloys, they’ll be able to supply a fitting kit (if needed) that includes both the correct type wheel bolts and a set of spigot rings of the correct size. A set of standard replacement wheel bolts is unlikely to include locking bolts so if you need these, then they’re likely to cost extra.
  • If replacement wheel bolts are used, keep a set of your original / existing wheel blots off one wheel in the car in case you need to fit your spare wheel.
  • Quite often, VW centre caps won’t fit the centre bore of aftermarket alloys, so if you want VW centre caps for aftermarket alloys, you may need to buy VW emblem stickers and attach them to the centre caps that cone with the aftermarket alloys.
  • Fitting different alloys is a modification for insurance purposes so you’d need to inform your insurance company. Some insurance companies will charge an extra premium for fitting different alloys.
flyingdonkey
New
Drives: Polo GTI AE 22

Post by flyingdonkey »

Hey i just bought ultraleggas in the same size, what size tyre are you running?
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member

Post by ad_182_uk »

215/40/18