Radio quad lock wiring,lack of speakers

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
xenolith05
New
Drives: 2008 1.4 Diesel

Radio quad lock wiring,lack of speakers

Post by xenolith05 »

Hi, excuse any ignorance encountered in the following as I’m ok with mechanics and general electrics but not hot on radios!
I have just bought this 2nd hand Polo (2008 Mk4 1.4D) which has come with a Pioneer FH-S820DAB 2 Din head unit. Sound only comes out of the car A pillar high frequency speakers. I’ve pulled the radio out and can see that the previous owner has 2 separate harnesses. One plugged into the radio branching to two plugs, black plug power etc, brown plug speakers. These are connected to two matching plugs that join to a quadlock connector (single square block). This connects to the main car harness with the other side of the square block and lever.
The radio powers on and off correctly, with volume and balance working for the A pillar speakers. No other speakers are working, fader etc. checked.
Question1: On the car side of the quadlock there is a blue multi-pin connector. Is this a canbus and is it needed as nothing is connected to it?
Question2: Does anyone have access to a wiring diagram for the car side of the quadlock so that I can match speaker wires correctly?
Question3: Do the A pillar speakers work independently or would it be expected that they are wired from the front door speakers?
Question4: Help, any ideas!
I’ve attached a few pics of quadlock that may help, refer to numbers if possible??
Thanks in advance Image[/img][/img]
Attachments
IMG_6797.jpeg
IMG_6797.jpeg (586.4 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
IMG_6801.jpeg
IMG_6801.jpeg (635.18 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
IMG_6800.jpeg
IMG_6800.jpeg (642.33 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
IMG_6799.jpeg
IMG_6799.jpeg (605.41 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
xenolith05
New
Drives: 2008 1.4 Diesel

Re: Radio quad lock wiring,lack of speakers

Post by xenolith05 »

Answering my own question after a bit more testing. Front speakers aren’t working, tested with alternatives which work, and there aren’t rear speakers anyway!
crazy4alfa
New
Drives: Polo 9N3

Re: Radio quad lock wiring,lack of speakers

Post by crazy4alfa »

On mine was wiring loom broken between the body and the door.