Fog lights and trunk light problem

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
firebulletz
Getting There!
Drives: Polo comfortline 1.6 tdi 90cv

Fog lights and trunk light problem

Post by firebulletz »

Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone had already had the same problem as me and so I'll try to find a solution.

Years ago I installed the aftermarket light switch with the sensor installed and then the automatic. Except that in order to make the coming and leaving home function work I had to exclude pin n.3 which goes to the light switch itself, because the lights always remained on.
Now I need to be able to use the fog lights (given the fog in Milan these last few weeks) but I wouldn't want to give up on coming and leaving home, do you have any idea how to do it?

Then I wanted to ask you something else. The trunk light doesn't work anymore, I took it out and it didn't burn out. Do you know if there is a special fuse? I tried searching but I didn't see it in the diagram. What could it be anyway?
Let me start by saying that they replaced my trunk with a used one, and when I took the car by putting the right indicator on, the stop lights and indicators flashed, plus the reverse gear doesn't even work but I still have to check if it's the light bulb (at this point I don't think so) .
What else can I check?

Thank you
Cruzor
New
Drives: VENTO 1.5TDI

Re: Fog lights and trunk light problem

Post by Cruzor »

The trunk light doesn't work anymore, I took it out and it didn't burn out
Were you able to solve this? I have the same problem, everything is fine but bulb doesn’t light up. I’ve been able to narrow it down to a broken wire or the microswitch, but haven’t been able to investigate further.