Passenger door stuck

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Workwell
New
Drives: Polo

Passenger door stuck

Post by Workwell »

:( Door is stuck shut. Tried all utube tricks to open with no joy, any suggestions apart from ripping off the door card. Tks.
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Re: Passenger door stuck

Post by Maarten »

Front or rear passenger door?
Manual opening or keyfob?
Does the door (if front) have a lockbarrel?
Me9141
Getting There!

Post by Me9141 »

If its the door lock module that has failed I have used the the following method.

I had a Mk4 Golf, it suffered the same fault.

I got two mates, put friend 1 in the drivers seat and friend 2 at the rear where the faulty door was.

Friend 1 was tasked with locking and locking the doors using the buttons on the door handle.

Friend 2 was tasked with pulling the interior door handle and pushing the stuck door open.

I was hitting the door with the base of my fist, around the location of the lock module.

I had read this on another forum and it worked for me, its due to broken soldiered connections and hitting it helps gain connection to unlock.

Following this I removed the lock (while the new one was being delivered) and bungee cord the door shut, I obviously had a locked rear yard for the car though.
littlepolo
Gold Member

Post by littlepolo »

I had that problem with the n/s rear door. I looked up about changing the actuator but by the time I was thinking to swap it the problem cleared itself (old Polo rules...)