Xenon retrofit BMT

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ricki.astrup
New

Xenon retrofit BMT

Post by ricki.astrup »

Hello,

I got headlights 6R1 941 040 D, and have seen an adaptor (kufatec) with two extra wires.. image linked. Can you just plug in the new connections without using the extra wires?

Car is 1.6 tdi 2011 BMT Start-Stop with halogen factory. Can it be mounted without the automatic leveling for now?

Best regards
Attachments
IMG_1465.jpeg
IMG_1465.jpeg (59.73 KiB) Viewed 553 times
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Xenon retrofit BMT

Post by iichel »

Well, this is a bit awkward but okay, I'll confess. I've been doing retrofits for quite a while now and some people stood up as active members or even companies to provide either wirings or retrofitting as a service. Or a combination of both.
Our tactics has always been to scare the user a bit with intimidating schemes, terms as codings, datasets and parameterization. It's all to make it look a bit more difficult than it actually is. Just to justify asking more money.
This xenon adapter doesn't really need the extra wires, it's all just for show, you don't need them anyway. Wires are just for electrical connections to power stuff or transfer signals. Really redundant anyway.

Just kidding, of course you need to connect the wires, they power the LEDs for DRL.