New 1.4SE Owner :)

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
RayBanUK
New

New 1.4SE Owner :)

Post by RayBanUK »

Hi all,

newbie here after purchasing a Polo 1.4 16V SE. Bought a a 2000 W Reg for £2900 with 50K on the clock with full VWSH. Hope this is a OK price to pay for the car as it seem to have most of the toys (electrics, alloys, fogs, air con etc) on it and was in good nick.

Got a few questions I was wondering if any owners could help me out on.

1) In the manual, it mentions about remote central locking. Is this only on higher spec (i.e 16v 100bhp and GTI) Polos or is there the option to get it done for the 1.4 SE? Mine has central locking but no remote central locking.

2) If the above is now, has anyone fitted an after market alarm and which one? Would ideally like one where it will give me the option of remote central locking.

3) What mods would people suggest? Personally I want to lower it and get a set of GTI alloys for it. Wife wants a spoiler.

(PS Im a oldie from the UK-MKIVS forum so big hi to Josh!)
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Hello mate, welcome to the dark side :twisted:

Not got a clue re the alarm, sorry!

Mebbe try VAGparts for a spoiler - there are two options, one with and one without a third brake light, the GTi has the third brake light attached to the rear spoiler but cars like yours (in other words, all the other models in the range apart from possibly the colour concept) have a brake light in the rear hatch already...

GTi alloys are up for sale fairly regularly on eBay and/or the forums, keep your eyes peeled - tend to go for anything from £200-400 depending on condition and whether or not there are any tyres :wink:

Other mods to consider... a GTi honeycomb grille... Audi TT or Lupo GTi pedals (they both look the same - here)...?

I reckon you got a good deal for the spec 8)

Cheers
RayBanUK
New

Post by RayBanUK »

Hey thanks for the reply and help.

Cant believe how cheap the GTI honeycomb grille is but Im thinking about it as I dont really want to pass myself off as a GTI when its not one. Two minds. Guess I could always debadge the 1.4 bit hahah. I also like the red line around the honeycomb grille to make it look like the new GTI.

Damn, I can see Im going to spend money already. I want those TT pedals too. I use to have the R32 ones in my Golf. Not got any pics of the Polo yet, but heres one of the Golf Im selling

Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Nice car! 8)

There's plenty of people on here with a honeycomb grille - its all fine as long as you don't stick a GTi badge on it (it is supplied as standard without one) :P
MaxZ
Platinum Member

Post by MaxZ »

i got an SE and i think the Kamei grill rules over the GTi one.. a mattig is an alternate one to consider
Dee-vub
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Dee-vub »

I think to pull off the kamei grille, the half moon NEEDS to be filled(wich you have obviously done max) or imo just looks gash.

I just think its a lot to pay for such a small bit. if i was to ever go for the kamei and put my bonnet through that work, i would just bad boy it.
RayBanUK
New

Post by RayBanUK »

Kinda like the VW badge at the front so will stick with the GTI Honeycomb grille. Did the the same with my Golf.

Just got paid today, oh dear I can see the grille and pedals being bought already hahaha. Also likeing the look of the Xenon lights! How much would a set of those set me back?

Anyone know about the remote central locking?
marcman
New

Post by marcman »

RayBanUK wrote: Anyone know about the remote central locking?
I think it was an option on the SE as I noticed one or two SE's advertised with remote central locking while searching for mine.