lets get a handle on things

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

lets get a handle on things

Post by polo2k »

as part of this years work im going to be changing the front door handles so far i have seen the following that have got me wanting them:
audi 80
aston martin even though they stick out but they look so nice (but prolly so expensive

much as i like the audi80`s im not surthat the squared look will suit the polo5 so has any one got any other idea`s (and yes ive thougt of tvr style (shaved) but knowing m luch they`d fry and lock me out)
so show your ideas and if youve got em pics along with any info you might have on how the linkge works (ive read that it takes 4 hs a door to get the audi 80 ones hooked up :shock:)
have fun
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

What do those AM's look like anyway? Sounds original. And what about the new-style Audi handle, they're nice as well...

I heard someone say they couldn't get the window down after the Audi handle, might be worth looking into that :shock:
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

good point about the window :evil:

just tried to get a pic of the am handle from a vid that ive got but when i tried to do a print screen off real player all i get is a black box :( so instead of trying to put the vid online (21meg) i sugest that yogo to http://www.winmx.com and do a search for videos using the keyword "top gear" without the " and dl the oe called top gear astonartin the pic i ied to get is at the end (3m39 sec) until i can get a screen ot of it thats the only way i can think of
tigor
Bronze Member
Drives: 2012 9R

Post by tigor »

Oooooh - those AMV8 handles which you push in when you're not using them and then they're completely flush with the body. Niiiiiiiiiiice!
Col
Bronze Member

Post by Col »

audi handles are a bit of a bugger, too deep, but they can be altered to fit (the Mk4 anyway) and the connecting rod has to be made so that it doesn't catch the window too. I've got one sorted, just need to get the d/s one done, think the new audi handles suit the shape of the Mk4/mk5 better than the older styled ones, IMO at least :?
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

pics?
Col
Bronze Member

Post by Col »

none at the moment, just getting them sorted will get some up when it's nearing completion
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Not the best pic, but this is the end result. New style Audi handles on a Mk5. Or 4, could be conversion.

Col
Bronze Member

Post by Col »

yeah it's a Mk4, the only way to tell is by where the rear bumper meets the arch, can't fake that!! :) :wink:
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Good eye Col!

8)