throttle response from idle

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
dub6n2
Gold Member

throttle response from idle

Post by dub6n2 »

hi, I am finding the throttle response to be very sluggish! when I press the throttle from idle speed it takes those milliseconds to respond and feels very sluggish (like the engine is almost going to stop)!! what could this be from? maybe the fuel pressure regulator or some other sensor? help pls cos it is very annoying!
red6n2
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Re: throttle response from idle

Post by red6n2 »

you think its cause its a 1.0lr :lol:

sorry i couldnt help myself :D
dub6n2
Gold Member

Post by dub6n2 »

yeah could easily be hehe :lol:

just checking out if its a problem or a common thing with these retard engines :roll:
RS_GT
Gold Member

Post by RS_GT »

might be because of the power of the engine tbh, i have a 1.4 8v and its not very responsive either, but not so much a problem. get a bmc :lol:
Adam-
Getting There!

Post by Adam- »

Why not bring the idle speed up a little bit then? It's not the best solution, but its only a 1.0.

Don't expect miracles buddy. ;)
dub6n2
Gold Member

Post by dub6n2 »

wouldn't increasing the idle worsen the fuel economy it has already got?
Adam-
Getting There!

Post by Adam- »

I wouldn't have thought that much. But if you want to increase throttle response, you obviously aren't bothered about fuel economy..

Either that, or charge it..
supermico
Getting There!

Post by supermico »

increasing the idle speed won't solve the problem, it would still hesitate, only the idle speed would b different.
Don't know how to put it, but does it hesitate also in the opposite direction, ie when you release the throttle, do the revs fall down immediately or is there a slight delay?
Mine does it all and I was told it is because of the drive-by-wire system, not sure though. Maybe resetting the throttle body would help?
Let me know if you manage to solve the isuue.
dub6n2
Gold Member

Post by dub6n2 »

supermico wrote:increasing the idle speed won't solve the problem, it would still hesitate, only the idle speed would b different.
Don't know how to put it, but does it hesitate also in the opposite direction, ie when you release the throttle, do the revs fall down immediately or is there a slight delay?
Mine does it all and I was told it is because of the drive-by-wire system, not sure though. Maybe resetting the throttle body would help?
Let me know if you manage to solve the isuue.
I actually thought it could be a delay in the drive by wire system! I will realign the throttle body because I disconnected the battery some time ago but I doubt it would solve anything. I think it is more something that has to do with the fuel pressure regulator because it hesitates when used from idle. would like to try an after market one but apart from being expensive I am not sure how to fit it?!

now to check if it is a drive by wire delay problem I ll check my friend's 6n to see if it does the same thing
Luke_Timms
New
Drives: 6n2

Post by Luke_Timms »

New spark plugs make a massive difference if they've not been changed for a long time.

Holy thread revival batman [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk