2001 Polo 6n2 speedo issue & other bits :p

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
leepylee2001
New
Drives: 2001 1.0E Polo 6n2

2001 Polo 6n2 speedo issue & other bits :p

Post by leepylee2001 »

Ey up boys n gals. I've tredged the interwebs to try and resolve the issues on my polo which i bought on Monday 5th Dec 2016

Speedo doesnt work, on the original one rev, petrol and temp gauges all work fine.
bought another from a breakers yard, same issue, reverted back to the original one and same thing. Thinking speed sensor but i dont know where it is. Can someone please tell me where it is and what it looks like as i have no haynes for the car yet.

Drivers door will NOT open/lock from the outside, will lock from the inside, any ideas?
Boot lock will NOT lock at all, lock does not turn with the key in or is this something to with the drivers door mechanism ??

Ticking noise from the hazard light button, after indicating left or right, it continues to tick for at least 2mins, replaced the hazard light switch and same thing.?? bad earth maybe??

Cheers
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: 2001 Polo 6n2 speedo issue & other bits :p

Post by alexperkins »

Speed Sensor is on the back of the gearbox

Drivers door is a broken paddle. Repair kit on eBay or from the dealer

Boot lock has probably seized up. That's very common as the handle is made from cast aluminium

You might be able to spray some penetrating spray on it and in the lock to try and free the mechanism

Hazard light could be a faulty indicator switch on the steering column or a dodgy bulb
leepylee2001
New
Drives: 2001 1.0E Polo 6n2

Post by leepylee2001 »

cheers m8 :)
way_z
Silver Member
Drives: 6n2 1.4 TDI

Post by way_z »

Hi sorry to bring up an old topic but I’m having the same speed sensor issue on my 1.4 TDi, spoke to main dealer about getting replacement but they said there are no sensors on the gearbox?

I haven’t had chance to get under there and see where it is exactly and check for a part number? Does anyone know if this is the right location for this engine? Thanks