Boot lock broken

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
nuyorican
New
Drives: 6N2 1.0

Boot lock broken

Post by nuyorican »

Hello there!

So recently the boot lock broke on my polo. I turned the key, felt something give, and now I can't open it. The key turns but does nothing, and the handle has no resistance.

After a bit of research, I got in the boot, took off the plastic door/boot card and could see that the little metal rod had become disconnected. When I pulled the rod, the boot opened, but the end of the rod wasn't connected to anything.
Further research told me that the end of the rod is supposed to hook into a small white plastic thing. This was nowhere to be seen. However, when I lifted open the boot I could hear something rattling around. Then sure enough, something small and white suddenly fell out, bounced on the floor and under the car never to be seen again... impossible I know, I searched the whole drive! Maybe it bounced up into the underside of the car somewhere..?

So my question is: can I buy this part? And/or can anyone describe or show me a picture of what it looks like so I could maybe bodge something together?

Thanks!