Some issues with my Polo 6N2 2001-model ...

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
Dan Hansen
New
Drives: 6N2 2002-model

Some issues with my Polo 6N2 2001-model ...

Post by Dan Hansen »

Hi folks

Please ecxuse me if this have been discussed before, but I am new here, and have tried to search around a bit.

I just bought a Polo 6N2 2001 model, and there is thrre issues where two of them I think might somehow be connected.

1) None of the electrical windows are working (there is only electrical windows on the front doors. The light in the window button on the right side lights up, but the window dont react when pushed. On the left side there is no light, and nothing happen when I pushes the buttons. The door lock button and the mirror control both works fine. Is there any way I can measure or test if everything is wired correct?

2) There is no sound in the stereo. I can see it find some radio channels, and the cd player seems to work, but no sound.

I think those two might be connected since the speakers are placed in the doors.

Finally:

3) The hand brake bulb in the dashboard is blinking, and the ABS bulb is always on. I have breaks, and the brakefluid container is on max, so that is not the problem. I dont have ABS (I tested), so I suspect a control unit or something like that. Any idea where I can find this?

Any advice that can point me in any direction on those issues would be appreciated :)

Dan
Dan Hansen
New

Re: Some issues with my Polo 6N2 2001-model ...

Post by Dan Hansen »

Update:

I found the problem with the electric windows.

I reconnected the broken wires, and voila, electric windows working.

Then I used some sandpaper and rubbed of the corrosion of the fuses on top of the battery, and voila, the ABS and handbrake problem solved.

Now I only need to figure out the radioproblem. There is sound in both speakers (tested with other radio), and when measuring the output behind on the radio I get 0,7V on the left output, and 0,0V on the right. I guess the radio amplifier is dead ...
937carrera
Silver Member
Drives: 2000 Polo GTi

Post by 937carrera »

Apologies for the late reply..

Electric windows:- you found the common problem

ABS lights etc:- yes, those fuses can cause annoying problems

Output from radio:- As you have tried another head unit in there you seem to have proved that the wiring is fine, so the problem is in the head unit. I don't know what you would expect to see as a voltage on the speaker wires so not much help there. Did you measure the other head unit ? In all probability it will be a failed capacitor in the amp section of the headunit, and I can't help you beyond that

Good luck, and keep posting, there's nothing like the number of posters around here these days, Gti or 6N2 :)
Dan Hansen
New

Post by Dan Hansen »

Thanks for the reply.

I gave up on the radioproblem and got a Pioneer instead. But I kept the original radio, so I will look into it later. Right now there is no experts available here in Norway, they are all in corona quarantine ... :mrgreen: