Rear Shock Absorbers

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
Barlis
New
Drives: 6N Saloon

Rear Shock Absorbers

Post by Barlis »

Hi all, I decided to change the rear shocks on my 99 Classic. When I removed the old shock, the upper spring plate was in a really bad way so I ordered a new one but it didn't come with the the spring seat (which was in a bad state as well). I can't seem to find anywhere that sells the upper spring seat (number 9 on the diagram attached).
Can anyone recommend a supplier that will stock these? Thanks, Barry
Spring.jpg
937carrera
Silver Member
Drives: 2000 Polo GTi

Re: Rear Shock Absorbers

Post by 937carrera »

You might find this site useful to get part numbers

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/polo ... 11-511010/

and then a quick google for the part number should get some useful sources :wink:

At the moment online is probably going to be easier than local motor factors or dealers

GSF and ECP give good support
Barlis
New
Drives: 6N Saloon

Post by Barlis »

That's brilliant - thank you so much! It would be so much simpler if you could just buy the whole unit, shock absorber, spring and all :)
Beachdude
New
Drives: VW Polo 6N2 1.4 16v

Post by Beachdude »

Did you find a replacement for number 9? It seems to be a part that is longer stocked anywhere that i have looked.
Beachdude
New
Drives: VW Polo 6N2 1.4 16v

Post by Beachdude »

Barlis wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:11 am That's brilliant - thank you so much! It would be so much simpler if you could just buy the whole unit, shock absorber, spring and all :)
Did you find a replacement for number 9? Its a part that i cant find either. Its no longer stocked anywhere.
zoid
New
Drives: Polo 6n2 GTI

Post by zoid »

Long shot, but I need the exact same parts after trying to replace the rear springs and find the same parts in a bad way, but really struggling to find part no.9 which i think the upper rubber spring mount...