Clicking from blower system

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
ParcoMolo
New
Drives: 6n2 GTI/6c GTI

Clicking from blower system

Post by ParcoMolo »

I've had this problem since I got the car, I'm fairly sure it's related to the control mechanism for the recirculation system for the Climatronic system but before I go and take anything else apart I wanted to see if anyone else has had similar issues. It's persistent even with the heating off and it's not the blower motor as I've got that out at the mo' too.

And no, I refuse to just turn the radio up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYSFZHF ... renceJones :mrgreen:
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Clicking from blower system

Post by RUM4MO »

It does sound like a flap motor, can you stop it making that noise by switching on or off the recircl mode, or by changing the temperature, or by changing the air flow direction?

You really need to able to isolate which one is doing that so that you can replace or clean its pot track up.

Unplug them one at a time?
ParcoMolo
New
Drives: 6n2 GTI/6c GTI

Re: Clicking from blower system

Post by ParcoMolo »

If I press the recircle mode button there's a brief pause then it continues again, directions and temperatures make no change to it.

Aye I'd say next port of call is unplugging one by one sadly they're just nightmare connectors around that area, meh. I'm not sure what is meant by pot track, which part would I be looking for?