Earthing problems

Discuss In Car Entertainment
Darby Vw polo
Bronze Member

Earthing problems

Post by Darby Vw polo »

hey guys iv installed primson led lights 10 leds 12v dc. that iv put under the glove box and under the compartment on the dash. mk4 polo owners shud know what im on about. lol. anywho iv got a 0.75mm2 tri rated cable for power from the battery to the switch, also the two positive and the two negative from the leds that go to the switch and the earth is aswell. the switch is a rear window heater switch. (hope this makes sense to people) and the problem is when i switch the lights on at the switch they pulsate giving off a glowing effect. and i was wondering what could be causing this??? iv earth the switch to the little metal bar that runs under the glovebox or airbag depends witch u have. so any ideas would be great thanks
Darby Vw polo
Bronze Member

Re: Earthing problems

Post by Darby Vw polo »

iv now solved this problem i changed the switch to a hazard switch and used 1.0mm2 cable. so at least they work. but now one light is bright than the other, i had this problem with the lights before but my inital though was the earthing or wiring problem so i though nothing of it. any ideas???