subwoofer pop.

Discuss In Car Entertainment
Joe_Mk5
Silver Member

subwoofer pop.

Post by Joe_Mk5 »

i've been running a fusion setup for the past few months pleased with the quality and sound, a 12 inch sub with a matched amp to power it.
i've been running has been the jvc avx 810 head unit which was brilliant untill a pixel broke. ive just taken it out to get it replaced under warrenty and im now borrowing a friends alpine head unit to keep the music gonig in my car.

Problem:

The alpine head unit when connected to the sub makes a very loud popping noise when turned on. it sounds like a "doof" on head unit power up. i've tried swapping over the rcaa and this has not solved the problem.
The remote cable from the sub i connected to the head unit through the wire stated - blue white. The amp shows that power is constantly going to the sub through the wire even when the key is out.
i have also tried connecting the remote wire to the red and yellow wires from the head unit - ignition live and constant live but both have the same outcome.

i would believe that the ground to the sub is fine as i did not have this problem with my other head unit.

could someone point me in the right direction if possible? i do not want to leave the amp on all night or have a loud pop when the head unit turns on!

any advice appreciated! thanks joe