Aux in adapter for standard VW Gamma radio

Discuss In Car Entertainment
owenjt
Bronze Member

Re: Aux in adapter for standard VW Gamma radio

Post by owenjt »

How about this? Says compatible with VW Gamma...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LINE-IN-AUX-Adapt ... 2555179123
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Perfect mate
owenjt
Bronze Member

Post by owenjt »

Cheers. Will let you know how i get on.
owenjt
Bronze Member

Post by owenjt »

Finally got this and all working. Now i need to sort out where i feed the cable to come out - and ideas/tips?
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

either drill a small hole in the glove box - or secondly do you have a cubby hole below the radio
tompolo
New

Post by tompolo »

I wanted an aux-in for the standard head unit aswell, but didnt have the cd changer socket soldered to the pcb at the back(or money), so.... I opened the head unit, put in a casette adapter in, closed the casette flap, ran the 3.5mm jack out the back of the radio and back through the cubby hole at the bottom.

Result; cheapo 'aux-in', that can be turned on/off with the 'src' button as usual, doesnt have manky wires comin outta your radio, and u cant see the adapter in the head unit, and you can still use a cd changer if you have one.

Only downside is u cant play your favourite casettes anymore, but hey, get with the nineties!

(Now to just get the engine working properly again!!!)
owenjt
Bronze Member

Post by owenjt »

tompolo wrote:I wanted an aux-in for the standard head unit aswell, but didnt have the cd changer socket soldered to the pcb at the back(or money), so.... I opened the head unit, put in a casette adapter in, closed the casette flap, ran the 3.5mm jack out the back of the radio and back through the cubby hole at the bottom.

Result; cheapo 'aux-in', that can be turned on/off with the 'src' button as usual, doesnt have manky wires comin outta your radio, and u cant see the adapter in the head unit, and you can still use a cd changer if you have one.

Only downside is u cant play your favourite casettes anymore, but hey, get with the nineties!

(Now to just get the engine working properly again!!!)
This doesn't sound a bad idea. I have to say i'm not overly impressed with the sounds quality of this, if i turn it up past a certain point the sounds goes really tinny, and it doesn't go loud enough. Also seem to get interference noises, including when my mp3 player is charging.