6n2 gti Speaker upgrade with amp!

Discuss In Car Entertainment
Trottagti
Bling Bling Diamond Member

6n2 gti Speaker upgrade with amp!

Post by Trottagti »

Im in the process atm and have had to make my own Holes in the door and A pillar for the speaker wire to go through as i am running a 1500watt vibe spacebox amp and infinity kappas for the front,

There isnt a way off freading the wire through the door as the wiring loom for the door is a prong system so cant just poke through as you can with most other cars, im also running pioneer 400 watt 6x9s in the rear but thats strait forward, was just wondering how people have done this is the past running new speaker wire through the front doors on a 6n2 gti?

As i cant use the old crappy wires and run the m from the head unit........
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: 6n2 gti Speaker upgrade with amp!

Post by alexperkins »

The factory wiring is quite good quality on these. Mine runs cable up to the HU, then into an ISO block which puts the front speakers through their original wiring, and it works just fine. Perfect reproduction no hisses crackles or interference!
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Iv run new speaker wire as the standard wire just wont do, Its to small and compared to what i have now its like 15x bigger lol!

Bit off an arse to run under the loom but will look ok when its all finished......
david burton

Post by david burton »

I ran thick speaker wire and had to drill my own holes and grommet them. I hear it may be possible using the plastic connector but you'd have to be careful.