Parrallel speaker wiring

Discuss In Car Entertainment
Skatz
New

Parrallel speaker wiring

Post by Skatz »

hello hello..any any any help will be great.

ive got 2 amps (2000w 4ch and a 2500w 4ch). 1 is running the sub and the 6x9s and one for 4 6" door speakers, but im not enjoying this setup and i need some boot space so what i want to do is remove the 2000w amp + the 6x9s and use one amp to run the 6''s + the sub..im going to bridge the sub and wire the 4 speakers in parallel to the other 2 channels..how do i wire any parallel? anyone got any easily understandable diagrams?

the speakers(160w) are 4ohms and the amp is 2ohm stable so this setup up should be fine,right?

i want to put the amp under a seat in a polo 9n..is this possible? anyone done it?

are there any draw backs to this setup?

thank you very much
fonzooorooo
Bronze Member

Re: Parrallel speaker wiring

Post by fonzooorooo »

Resistors in parallel... + at the top, - at the bottom:

And correct: in this case, 2 speakers at 4 ohms = 2 ohm load.

If you want to run the amp more comfortably (though with it delivering less power), connect the speakers in series (amp into + of speaker 1, - of speaker 1 into + of speaker 2, - of speaker 2 back to the amp) which'll give an 8 ohm load... As I hinted, this'll lower the available power from the amp, but it'll be less likely to clip and be likely to run cooler. Just thought I'd flag that up in case you have issues with the amp running hot.