Door speakers not working!

Discuss In Car Entertainment
b_1987
New

Post by b_1987 »

Hello :)

So this is my first post on UK-Polo's! I am in desperate need of some help / advice...

I have a Polo 6N2 2001 3 door hatchback which I originally bought as a 1st car for my partner. The door speakers were working fine up until a few days ago when they suddenly stopped playing any sound, although the tweeters by the wing mirrors are still performing as normal.

I stripped the door panel at the weekend and tried different speakers, tried a spare headunit, checked the fuses and wires in the door shut etc but cannot find anything and I am completely baffled!!

At the mo, my headunit is still removed as it sounded like I was driving round playing music on my phone lol but I am going insane with no music :(

All help and comments are greatly appreciated!! The sooner I get this resolved, the better... :D

Many thanks in advance

Shona
BenGTI
New

Post by BenGTI »

If you have carried out all those checks all that remains is the speaker cables. I would buy some new cables connect into the speaker block at the bk of the cd player. And connect to your speakers. Do not run them behind the dash etc at this point. If they work with the new cables and connections. Then run the cables behind the dash etc into the doors.

Hope this can b of some use. All be it that it's a last resort.

Ben