RCD-310 & USB

Discuss In Car Entertainment
hornmeister
Bronze Member

RCD-310 & USB

Post by hornmeister »

Greetings all. A new MKVIII GTI owner here and having a few problems with the USB on the standard head unit.

Currently I've got an 8Gb Micro SD card with an adapter filled with MP3s plugged into the USB cable. The music is recorded at at Windows top quality (300 odd kbs I think). Sometimes the media is ready to play as soon as I start up, other times it initializes for ages or just hasn't sorted itself out by the end of a short journey. It seems to be very random even without removing the memory/cable.
I've just tried a friend's 8gb ipod with no issues so far.

The micro sd card was all I had lying around and I plan to go for a 32Gb USB stick eventually, but before I do has anyone experienced any similar issues or have any recommendations. I'm assuming the head unit is just not liking the card & adapter 100% but not being an i-tunes fan (and being a bit short of readies at the moment) I don't really want to go down the ipod route if I can help it so would prefer a reliable USB stick solution.

Any guidance or advice people can give would be much appreciated. :D
hornmeister
Bronze Member

Re: RCD-310 & USB

Post by hornmeister »

I plumped for a 32Gb USB stick in the end. Argos are flogging off Sanadisk ones for £15. Works a treat so I assume it was just the combination of Micro SD & usb reader that the head unit didn't like.

Nothing to see here, move along. :mrgreen: