2006 9N stereo din problem(s)

Discuss In Car Entertainment
greyhoundpaul1336
New
Drives: 2006 9N

2006 9N stereo din problem(s)

Post by greyhoundpaul1336 »

A post of many firsts. First Post, first Polo and first car.
It hasn't been looked after too well sadly but it runs fine. I'm ready proud of my little beast, so I've started to work on it lol. Got a few dents out, replaced some trim, a door card and got rid of the rear wiper because it got stuck permantly on... now on to the stereo.
This is where I'm giving myself a headache.
Replacing the original RCD 200 with an aftermarket head unit, so from double din to single din. Do I just need a little shelf to go underneath the newer stereo? Or is there a facia out there to fit my 9N that anyone knows of? Tried ebay and the like and everything I look at doesn't quite seem to fit my model. Or maybe it does and I'm just not being brave enough to just have a go and see what happens.
Any feedback apreciated
PugBrothers
Getting There!
Drives: Mk7 (9n3) 1.4Tdi Bluemotion 1

Re: 2006 9N stereo din problem(s)

Post by PugBrothers »

A 7 inch double din slots in perfectly with no need for a cage or any of that sort of thing. Only important thing to buy is a canbus adapter to fit the stereo properly to your car without the need to mess around with any wiring or fuses. I’ve got a pioneer SPH-230DAB but there’s a few cheaper variations at 7 inches that fit great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greyhoundpaul1336
New
Drives: 2006 9N

Re: 2006 9N stereo din problem(s)

Post by greyhoundpaul1336 »

I was with you until you said canbus. I've read a bit about what they do but I still have no idea of what it is or what part is right for me. I've seen they go from £10 to £60 or so. Just don't want to be ripped off