9n sport very unsporty

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
Hippopig
New

9n sport very unsporty

Post by Hippopig »

Hi guys,help im starting to hate my latest purchase.Bought it on friday with slight issues its a 2002 1.4 16v sport bbz eng code 100bhp polo
but it wouldnt run clean or tick over when i got it,easy enough stripped down the throttle body cleaned it up and runs fine,put snap on code reader and reset the managment light.fine but still flat,revs ok but just gutless.....days later light is back on,scanned again and was told egr fault.....so stripped cleaned and freed it off and again reset the light ..................but this thing is as flat as a turd........i mean its 100bhp it should have some oomph in it....i mean if you wind it up it goes but its just not quick getting there,and hills are a nightmare......foot to the floor and maybe doing 50 mph

help me obi wan :lol:
Hippopig
New

Re: 9n sport very unsporty

Post by Hippopig »

also the cat sounds hot ,crackling when you stop,but it revs cleanly so id sort of written off the blocked cat idea
johndub
New

Post by johndub »

Mate I have got the same issue on my 52plate 1.4 sport.
I have a fault with the CAT and changing on the weekend if the snow dont come!
Will let you know update!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Hippopig wrote:Hi guys,help im starting to hate my latest purchase.Bought it on friday with slight issues its a 2002 1.4 16v sport bbz eng code 100bhp polo
but it wouldnt run clean or tick over when i got it,easy enough stripped down the throttle body cleaned it up and runs fine,put snap on code reader and reset the managment light.fine but still flat,revs ok but just gutless.....days later light is back on,scanned again and was told egr fault.....so stripped cleaned and freed it off and again reset the light ..................but this thing is as flat as a turd........i mean its 100bhp it should have some oomph in it....i mean if you wind it up it goes but its just not quick getting there,and hills are a nightmare......foot to the floor and maybe doing 50 mph help me obi wan :lol:
Just one question, did you think that you managed to sort out that EGR with just cleaning it? I'm thinking that you have just sprayed it with carb cleaner to disolve the curd, did you keep it connected electrically and "exercise it " while spraying it? I'm asking all these questions as I have just removed and cleaned up the EGR from on 2003MY Polo with a BBY engine, and I reckoned that any cleaning that was possible was purely cosmetic - I did not electrically "exercise" mine while cleaning it though.