HID's

Place to check out UK-Polos Group Buys!
Omz_6N2
Getting There!

Post by Omz_6N2 »

Thnks for the explanation Ian.However Im not going to comment on ur sarcastic remark.
PD
Silver Member

Post by PD »

I do agree with Ian though - you should know a simple thing like that if you have a driving licence,

but then every one gets confused over the simplist of things sometimes, even if its something you do know about - then you end up kicking yourself!

dont worry about it Omz_6n2 atleast its been made clear for you!

hmmm i am tempted to order some HID's now - its a choice between HID's, some alloys, tailgate spoiler or new shocks and lowering springs.

uuuh!
Omz_6N2
Getting There!

Post by Omz_6N2 »

I was going to come back with something along the lines of................Actually i wont say Lol..

You should get it Slammed PD Although you can get them parts any time where as this is a one off deal Lol.
PD
Silver Member

Post by PD »

any one know how much longer this deal will be going on for? might have to wait until i get paid at the end of the month, cant really spend any more cash this month or i wont be able to feed my car.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

should still be going so I was told the other day :)
Ian_R
Gold Member

Post by Ian_R »

Omz_6N2 wrote:Thnks for the explanation Ian.However Im not going to comment on ur sarcastic remark.
No sarcasism in there at all, I'm sorry but its something basic, Just like how nowadays they ask you to explain 2 things mechanical about your car in your practical test, i believe it should be alot more. The amount of females, and MALES that aint a clue how to change a tyre is unreal.

and if your driving along with you full beam on at night, like i've heard many a folk not on here descirbe there lights, they should be shot ! As i said you have the three main types of lights, Only one i didnt put up is your fogs, as not all cars have front Fogs.
phillyt1988
New

Post by phillyt1988 »

ordered mine yesterday and the deal is still on cheers people!
Omz_6N2
Getting There!

Post by Omz_6N2 »

Got mine through the past y'day, Looks fairly simple, Ill have a pop at the weekend. Cheeeers for setting this up :D
MaxZ
Platinum Member

Post by MaxZ »

Regarding the full beam, modern cars have a 2 way HID bulbs, i.e. ones which can be used for dipped bean and be switched on for the main beam, and provide more brightness. Have a look at the difference between H4 and H7 bulbs
dubbprince
Bronze Member

Post by dubbprince »

just ordered a pro kit in H7...can't wait now!! :wink:

Can someone please clarify, you do get to choose how much light you want right??

Theres only an option for bulb choice, not brightness...i'm after 5k really. :wink:
Silver Member

Post by 8080 »

It's very hard to find 5000k bulbs. They do exist to replace factory-fitted bulbs but probably not for halogen conversions. The conversion kits i've seen start at 6000k go up to 10000k etc where the light is very blue. Blue light must sell well. I agree with you though, 5000k is better than 6000k (but 4300k is better again :wink: )

You can only choose the colour of the light, but basically 4100 - 4300k gives the most useful light. Hence that's what factory fitted setups use. The bluer light at 6000k+ is not as useful, especially on wet roads i'm told

daa709
Silver Member

Post by daa709 »

Promo code is not working :(
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

it should be its ASTRA in capitals
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

I Have a New Code now - Please pm me if you want it.

This is on everyones PM also, as I have been told to enforce this:

I must stress the point that this code must not under any circumstances be shared, discussed, sold on ebay, or unlawfully used.

The previous code was abused and therefore removed, so its provided on trust.

Please abide by the rules everyone as one brings it down for all.

Thanks,

Alex