CH/LH only with parking lights (help)

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
roby293
New
Drives: Polo 6R Bluemotion 1.2 TDI

CH/LH only with parking lights (help)

Post by roby293 »

Hi to all!!
My polo is a 2010 Bluemotion 1.2 TDI with start/stop system and the DRLs in the fog lights.
Some week ago I've buyed an headlight switch with sensor for automatic lights that can be set with bluetooth from smartphone for some option, including the coming/leaving home.
The problem is that this function work only with parking lights and not with parking lights + low beams.
In the settings of app to control the switch, I've set the low beams in CH/LH but not work, only parking lights.
In some place of internet I've read that in the headlight switch connector I can cut the pin 3 and the pin 6 to get this work, but in my case I haven't those pin.
In other place of interntet I've read that for car with start/stop system I can disable the DRLs via VCDS...I tried this and not work. The result was always only parking lights.
I decided to activate CH/LH via VCDS but also in this case nothing appens, so I tried to set also with fog light but didn't work again, always and only with parking lights.

Can anyone help me?
I want only that the results of CH/LH are like the original = parking light + low beams.
I uploaded a pictures of my headlight switch and my headlight connector beacuse I think is some wire that must be moved to other pin position. Hope this can help you.
PS: Sorry for my bad english.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: CH/LH only with parking lights (help)

Post by iichel »

For CH/LH with low beam you need to have the rain/light sensor and wiring for OEM auto lights.
roby293
New
Drives: Polo 6R Bluemotion 1.2 TDI

Post by roby293 »

iichel wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:32 pm For CH/LH with low beam you need to have the rain/light sensor and wiring for OEM auto lights.
This mean that without rain/light sensor I can't do nothing right?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Yes that is correct