How to check original VCDS cable?

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
Polobear6r
New
Drives: Polo

Re: How to check original VCDS cable?

Post by Polobear6r »

ciclo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:48 am
Jorrick wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:42 pm ...
Now i can start looking into changing my BCM Im a little nervous about it but but i just have to do it.
I assume the BCM change is due to wanting to install the cruise control on your 6R (2011).

Don't worry at all, changing the BCM in a 6R is a really easy process if you go from BCM 085 or 086 (part number ending in) to one that is BCM High 087 and that can manage cruise control.
For this BCM change you don't need additional cables, just follow the process of the following link:
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.ph ... eplacement

Note: remember that for all keys/remotes you must enter the value 0 and repeat de indicated process with all the keys/remotes you have.

Later you can install and code the CCS (engine and BCM units), everything will work without problems if you install the wires/parts correctly.
Ah thanks that is reassuring.
Indeed I’m going form 85 to 87. For the cruise control.
My polo was a trendline basic version. It did only come with central locking in the doors not with a remote key fob.
I installed a 3rd party remote keyfob keyless entry system. Does the process for config the keys apply to my situation? Or does it only apply if u have OEM remote keys ?
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

You should check with the manufacturer or installer of your remote control system, but I'm afraid your non-OEM remote control system will not work with the new BCM ... I don't know, I'm not sure.
Polobear6r
New

Post by Polobear6r »

ciclo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:33 pm You should check with the manufacturer or installer of your remote control system, but I'm afraid your non-OEM remote control system will not work with the new BCM ... I don't know, I'm not sure.
Im using something like this. (Looks a lot like this)
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32863159 ... hweb201603_

It is connected on a signal wire trough the door. With another BCM the same signal wire will be used so im not sure why a newer BCM would affect this?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

The new BCM 087 can manage the central locking system by remote controls unlike your old BCM 086.

A classification of PQ25 BCM due to the functions they can manage:

- 085 Basic

- 086 Medium + ... among others, central locking system.
- 087 Medium ++ (High) ... compared to 086 it supports CCS and remote controls.

- 088 Bluemotion ... Re04
, 089 Max

- 090 Max +

Aproximatelly, there are many variants of each of them as functions were implemented.

So:
The new BCM 087 will request/require the integration of remote controls in the central locking system and I suppose this will generate incompatibilities.
I hope someone can shed some more light on this matter, I never made this modification/upgrade (086 to 087).
Polobear6r
New

Post by Polobear6r »

ciclo wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:14 am The new BCM 087 can manage the central locking system by remote controls unlike your old BCM 086.

A classification of PQ25 BCM due to the functions they can manage:

- 085 Basic

- 086 Medium + ... among others, central locking system.
- 087 Medium ++ (High) ... compared to 086 it supports CCS and remote controls.

- 088 Bluemotion ... Re04
, 089 Max

- 090 Max +

Aproximatelly, there are many variants of each of them as functions were implemented.

So:
The new BCM 087 will request/require the integration of remote controls in the central locking system and I suppose this will generate incompatibilities.
I hope someone can shed some more light on this matter, I never made this modification/upgrade (086 to 087).
I wend from 85 to 87. I just did it this evening and the remote controls seem to work fine.
No problems at all and also no fault codes related to the immobilizer or central locking stuff.

I have fault codes related to the radio but I described them on the other forum topic.
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=65431&p=570813#p570813
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Perfect!
Thank you very much for reporting. 8)