modified red polo around aldershot....................

Have you received a flyer or have you spotted someone? Post here!
kipper
Platinum Member

modified red polo around aldershot....................

Post by kipper »

well i gotta admit, i never thought id see a nicely modified polo in aldershot aprt from mine :wink: but now i have.......

dunno if its anyone on here but its a red mk4 14 16v, well it had a front 16v bumper so i assume it was one. it has mk5 rear lights and smooth boot and bbs rx2 alloys i think of the gti and nice bad boy bonnet..... and a small twin exhaust under the rear bumper.

saw it a couple of days ago and again today.....

was that u or do u know who it was.......???????????
Mike
Bronze Member

Post by Mike »

Funny you should say that Ian in motorworld was telling me about that one few days ago, not seen it myself.
kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

ah cool more fellow aldershot people...... its a nice little polo. cant make it look much better then it already is. i keep seeing him and thinking i should tell him about the web site.......

where abouts do u live mike?
Mike
Bronze Member

Post by Mike »

Hi
Just up from the football ground, Red 6N on a R plate, had the car a few years and decided that it didn't look right so dropped it, then decided the wheels don't look right so 15inch Rondells, a mature owner who just likes polo's.
My lads getting this one in a few years, when he gets a car, then i feel a project coming on.

So this ones getting very light mods, cos the wife thinks i'm having a midlife crisis and thinks i want to be 19 again..lol

post some pics of it soon..
kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

Mike wrote:So this ones getting very light mods, cos the wife thinks i'm having a midlife crisis and thinks i want to be 19 again..lol
u r and u do, but hey dont we all? :D

dunno if i seen you around or not..... i live other side of manor park with my silver dodgy body worked silver polo. u might of seen me around.....
Mike
Bronze Member

Post by Mike »

I'll keep a eye out, there's a very clean red one with alloys usually parked opposite the tool shop on church hill, looks like it’s well cared for. I’m the other end of the park St Michaels Road.

But this car as well as being my work and general runabout is going to be for my lad, he has the input to what goes on and how it looks, I had a Mk3 van before and got the polo bug and sort of kept with them.
As for polo meets and such maybe it might cause a few problems..

Police officer: Hello sir, could I ask why you’re hanging around with lads half your age at night?
Me: well officer it’s like this, I’m on the internet on this forum..
Police officer: Ahhh I see sir
Me: No officer it’s not like that let me explain
Police officer: no need to explain sir (looks at partner)
Me: look officer I’m a happily married man
Police officer: Yes sir, could I just take some details…etc..

And it’s not much better at home, took the youngest to Southsea so she could see this band who was gigging there, thought ok while she at gig me and the good lady go for a meal and go for walk around the beach till the gig finished make a night of it,
Had said meal headed for beach, passed a load of lads parked up boots and bonnets open on the front.
Wife turned to me and said “ok go on thenâ€
kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

you got n e pics of your car?

wheres st michaels road? im usless with roads altho i heard of it befor.

how olds ur son then? is he gonna be a member here?

i can imagine that convo with the pigs. would be quite funny. i dont go to meets anyway i dont see the point in them. no offense to those who do go tho. i prob would go to one if i had people to go with and and my car looked good....

as much as i hate to admit it, if u really wanna see my polo i work at focus in aldershot..... so obviously its parked in there alot.........
Mike
Bronze Member

Post by Mike »

No pics just fitted the wheels today so prob take some tomorrow if it stops raining.

My road is the first one on the right after going under the bridge with the football ground to your left..he's 15 so a few years yet..
kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

oh i remember that road now. the one that leads on to highfield avenue? if so ur only 2 roads away from me or could even be 1 depending on how u look at it. i live in laural gardens its an estate of boxalls lane.
Mike
Bronze Member

Post by Mike »

ahhh..you had that a few years?, remember seeing a modded one up there a while back. that other red one followed me today while i was in the family motor coming up eggers hill.
kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

ive had my polo about 4 and a half years.

wat u mean by seeing a modded one up there? where do u mean?
Mike
Bronze Member

Post by Mike »

If memory serves me right, it was green with a aftermarket front end on it
few years back though..
kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

do u mean up my estate?

i been seeing polos alot lately down the bottom of my estate and along boxals lane.
Mike
Bronze Member

Post by Mike »

Was a few years back, and the old memorys going, remember seeing it and thinking, god that looks s**t..was a 6n