Spotted this morning in Chichester

Have you received a flyer or have you spotted someone? Post here!
the_mini_mole
New

Spotted this morning in Chichester

Post by the_mini_mole »

Hello to whoever it was in the W reg Silver 3 door I was behind at5 the A27 roundabout, with a UK-Polos sticker in the back window- its the first one ive seen exactly the same as mine, lol. Sorry I buggered off a bit sharpish, was on the way to work and running late!
James

Re: Spotted this morning in Chichester

Post by Steve W »

Hi James, that was me! Where are you from? I noticed you cued up at the roadworks in Parklands, are you local? I've seen your other post (back in April) about being a newbie wanting info on gearbox and clutch. I've had mine 3 years and 4 months now, in which time gone from 43k to 90k miles, mine too is on the original gearbox. I had my clutch replaced a little while back after it became a bit jerky. Replaced it with the Sachs kit from GSF, much better and a hell of a lot lighter than the old one. If you need any part numbers, I have my receipt in a safe place. I also replaced the GTI badge on the boot (mine was missing), bought from Peter Cooper VW, wasn't too expensive.
Steve
the_mini_mole
New

Re: Spotted this morning in Chichester

Post by the_mini_mole »

Hi Steve, I live in Alresford in Hampshire, but my girlfriend lives there so I am around in the area alot. On the gearbox front it dosnt seem to have got any worse, and it just clocked over 96k this morning, so it seems to be holding up, fingers crossed. The clutch isnt so great, its very jerky so I might look at getting it changed, was it an expensive job? And I managed to get a badge from a dealer in the end, lol.
Might see you around some time, I will give you a wave, lol!