My MK3 Cupra

Forum to discuss the Seat Ibiza
J-GTi
Bronze Member

My MK3 Cupra

Post by J-GTi »

Hi all, haven't been online in ages due to work and not having a polo anymore, unfortunatly I sold the GTi :( which I still miss!!!

Since then I got myself an Ibiza Cupra and must say I love it!

Ok here she is, my current baby.

Mostly standard at the moment but hopefully this will soon change,

How I bought it..........

First Mods...........Colour Coded bump strips and black roof, roof rails not sprayed here yet.

Roof rails now sprayed...........

Plans are,

Remap
Coilovers
Black wheels
Leon cupra R splitter
Gloss B pillars
20mm Spacers on the rear
New windscreen :unsure:
Big Turbo maybe?
Brembo/Tarox Big brake kit

Will add more pics soon!

Hope You like, please feel free to leave a comment.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

oooh lellow. Loving the CC strips and the black roof - sets it off soooo smoothly :)

The mod list sounds rather great :) Remaps in the cupras are excellento!
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

very nice, really like the black roof!
adam_0612
Gold Member

Post by adam_0612 »

i do like the colours. think yellow and black work really well.

i think with the black roof, some black wheels would look really good 8)
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Sweeet mate, a very worthy upgrade 8)
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

nice mate, good mods to start!

add a forge 007/ Turbosmart DV to your list, definately a cheap & worthy mod (and the standard ones tend to crack), brembos are also a great upgrade but will cost £££ even on the second hand market, have you looked into nomad A pillars? using autosmart gauges work really well with the dash and are fantastic, really worth knowing your oil temp when you start playing with turbos 8)

If you are going coilies the leon front splitter might not be a great idea, i 'beach' my car fairly often because of how low it sits!, its coming off when the coilies go on..

bet you are loving the whooosy whooosy! every time i get in mine it still brings a smile to my face a year on!
J-GTi
Bronze Member

Post by J-GTi »

Yea puts a smile on my face every day!

Got a good few forge bit's coming from the US for me (saved a few bucks thanks to an american friend 8) )

The LCR splitter does sit fairly low at standard ride height from what I'v seen so was also wondering about the coilies but there cheap enough I guess so if it goes wrong atleast it won't break the bank!!! :lol:

Nomad A pilliar and guages are on the list as well, had some sorted but got messed about (good old time wasters!)

Have also managed to source a brand new K04-1 for half the usual price so I'll probably go for that, I know there's not really any differance between it and a K03s but it's acctually working out cheaper so why not?
Last edited by J-GTi on Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

Very nice mate, the cc'd bump strips really set it off nicely, and the black roof is cool although i think you need a couple more black details on the car, maybe wing mirrors or wheels as someone said, thats just my opinion though :D

looks like it has an after market exhaust aswell as standard cupras has a twin exit.
J-GTi
Bronze Member

Post by J-GTi »

Yea forgot about that,:lol: has a custom SS cat back system.

Black wheels are on the way just need to make-up my mind...Was also considering the mirrors but that might be a bit much with the wheels aswell.

Thanks for all the complements folks.
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

are you sourcing just the k04? because there are some other mods needed for it, its not a straight bolt on like the k03s (just incase you didnt know). should be pushing a nice 280 with that :)
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

Looks really nice mate nice one! Love the black and yellow combo. James has gave you a good run down on what to do mod wise!

Look forward to seeing more developments :D

This also keeps giving me the urge to go crazy on mine :P
J-GTi
Bronze Member

Post by J-GTi »

shantybeater wrote:are you sourcing just the k04? because there are some other mods needed for it, its not a straight bolt on like the k03s (just incase you didnt know). should be pushing a nice 280 with that :)
The K04-1 is basicly a K03s in a K04 housing so it's just a bolt on job should see a reliable 250 and boost a little stronger than the k03s

Other option is an IHI or JBS04 conversion.......also been sussing out BAM engines, mounts are a little diffrent afaik but nothing a welder and some hard graft can't overcome, then obviously a few other bit's but it'd be worth it I'm sure!
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

ahh right ok, didnt know that, looked into the jbs04 but they were quoting me around 3k even with my current setup, for gains realistic gains of 10bhp upwards...even though they quote power near 300bhp its not proven..

i'm now saving for a gt28rs kit, will be pushing 350bhp, apparently the stock internals will cope, only need uprated conrods 8), you can buy the kits for around 2k with warranty on parts.

Is putting a BAM engine in really worthwhile? surely you could uprate everything in the AYP block for near the same price as wipping the engines over?
J-GTi
Bronze Member

Post by J-GTi »

shantybeater wrote: Is putting a BAM engine in really worthwhile? surely you could uprate everything in the AYP block for near the same price as wipping the engines over?
So far it looks like it wouldn't be too expensive, I would do the swap myself so it's only really the price of the engine and a few fabricated bit's.

It's only an idea so far haven't looked into the costs of uprating the AYP block yet, any idea on the costs of this?
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

havent looked into it, its low down in the list of priorities at the mo, your best bet is to ask on SCN