VRS or Polo 9N GT?

Forum to discuss the Skoda Fabia
chunkychimpanzee
Bronze Member

VRS or Polo 9N GT?

Post by chunkychimpanzee »

They are both got the same engine... but which one is the best one to go for??
polo power
Gold Member

Post by polo power »

i have the fabia vrs and i can say its awesome, but it depends what you want the car for?
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

See the side-by-side comparison here:

http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/v ... php?t=8439

:)
chunkychimpanzee
Bronze Member

Thanks, Josh

Do you know what is the maximum power that I can remap the VRS?
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

From a Remap and Air Filter, you should realistically expect 180bhp and 285lbft.

Any more and you'll kill your clutch.
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

don't forget the ibiza fr, which has the same engine as both of these but is cheaper than the polo and possibly the fabia!
although the Blue Fabia Limited Editions are soooooo cooll 8)
chunkychimpanzee
Bronze Member

DanDiesel wrote:don't forget the ibiza fr, which has the same engine as both of these but is cheaper than the polo and possibly the fabia!
although the Blue Fabia Limited Editions are soooooo cooll 8)

Thanks, Dan. I know what you mean... but personally, I would only go for the Ibiza Cupra R as I think it is really cool and the best looking one in SEAT range. However, I am really keen on the Limited Edition Blue VRS.... my local Sheffield dealer has only one left for sale and I am still considering whether to get it or not..... Part of me thinking the mk4 Golf GTI Anniversary Diesel version as well...... :roll:
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

did they make an anni diesel mk4 golf? i thought that they only made the petrol 1.8T 180bhp version?
the Ibiza Cupra R is a very rare car, only about 75 brought into the country and they were only in the mk3 ibiza guise (mk5 polo platform).
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

Get that VRS SE!! I did and not regretting it one tiny bit!

The leather is so nice, i've done about 350 miles since saturday lol. Also put a full tank of ultimate diesel in and i'm 99% sure it has improved the performance over the rev range :)

An all round good buy!
chunkychimpanzee
Bronze Member

DanDiesel wrote:did they make an anni diesel mk4 golf? i thought that they only made the petrol 1.8T 180bhp version?
the Ibiza Cupra R is a very rare car, only about 75 brought into the country and they were only in the mk3 ibiza guise (mk5 polo platform).
Oh sorry I mentioned the wrong SEAT then. I meant the latest version Ibiza Cupra with 1.9 TDi engine. Yea, 25th Anniversary GTI has a diesel version with 1.9TDI engine with 150 bhp, but its really hard to find one in good condition with low mileage.... Thats y I am very tempting for the VRS, after what Chris has said.... :roll:
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

ah u must mean the Golf GT TDi 150. i test drove one of them once, great engine but the handling was pretty poor to be honest, but i wouldn't say there was anything special about it unlike the petrol 180bhp one with the BBSD RCs.
chunkychimpanzee
Bronze Member

DanDiesel wrote:ah u must mean the Golf GT TDi 150. i test drove one of them once, great engine but the handling was pretty poor to be honest, but i wouldn't say there was anything special about it unlike the petrol 180bhp one with the BBSD RCs.
Oh right... yea I meant the GT TDi 150 bhp... I did not know they were that bad... the reason I like it, cos it is limited edition lol :oops: Thats the reason I am considering the blue VRS SE as well.... oh well....
polo power
Gold Member

Post by polo power »

they did make the mk4 golf anni in a diesel. get a fabia vrs you wont regret it!
waveydavey
Sponsor

Post by waveydavey »

I went from the Polo GTi to the vRS..... My other option was the Ibiza FR but after speaking to owners of both cars the build quality seemed better on the vRS..... I've had the car 13 months now and nothing major to report..... Just a couple of usual new car niggles. The missus likes it so much she's sold the CTR and bought an 05 vRS too..... Hers is silver mind.

So we're now a 2 Furby vRS family!!!!!

I do like the look of the SE's but i personally would probably have not gone for one as i spec'd ESP & xenons on my car which aren't available on the SE.

Cheers

Dave.
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

I went to see an anniversary golf diesel, it was too expensive to be honest.

VRSs are still lots of money, but the GT is even more expensive as they're newer (?)

anyhow, does budget come in to this at all?! you can always go another route and convert a 100tdi with bigger injectors and turbo. but that's probably getting you up to VRS money anyway. clearly the biggest question is which one you like the look of! There's not much in it, personally but I think (biased) that the polo has the most potential. But that's obvious because I bought one!

Only way you can tell is sit in the cars yourself and see which one makes you feel at home. 6 speed will be nice on the motorway too.
Last edited by david burton on Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.